The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does anyone actualy buy DRM Smpl Libraries for the MPC4K or do you just use records?
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Does anyone actualy buy DRM Smpl Libraries for the MPC4K or do you just use records?

I have just been using records and a collection of samples I have had for a while, but I was thinking about getting a library... I came across the sounds for samplers librbary one time and it sounded pretty decent. What are you using? What is a good library seet up in Kits not all Kiks All snares all hats.
thanks
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

I guess the anwer is ofcourse people buy libraries... I have just been acustomed to making them myself. So which one are you using for hip hop production?
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

use it all!

I have some librarys, I also have records (wich usaully sound "better"), Ive also sampled all the drums out of my modules! Than you take all this stuff and layer it, compress, and eq it in diffrent ways.... Oh yeah babe ( in emril aggasi voice) another notch!
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

S4S is the way to go, I bought a Zip from them, Bangin Beats, and Sample Kings and the S4S were hands down the cleanest with thump. SK is good for RnB and BB is real grimey, too dirty for my taste
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

I gather samples from all over but when it comes to sample cd's specifically, I usually try and trade rather than buy. I will buy some from time to time but it usually ends up being a waste of money for something I could have layered and done 10 times better.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Lately i've been looking more to sample cd's rather than sampling off of vinyl.

I guess it's just a personal preferance. I really enjoy the synth oriented rap songs

that are coming out at the moment.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface
I gather samples from all over but when it comes to sample cd's specifically, I usually try and trade rather than buy. I will buy some from time to time but it usually ends up being a waste of money for something I could have layered and done 10 times better.
If you don't buy a sample cd, there are definitely liscensing issues involved with using the material. Odds are, nobody will ever spot the sample...but if they do...
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

There is no guarantee that the stuff on sample cd´s are cleared.. Estpecially stuff
that are lifted from records, I know of some people that has mad lots of sample cd´s
and when they got confronted they just denied that they had anything to do with it..
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik
There is no guarantee that the stuff on sample cd´s are cleared.. Estpecially stuff
that are lifted from records, I know of some people that has mad lots of sample cd´s
and when they got confronted they just denied that they had anything to do with it..

Are you talking about professionally pressed and distributed cds that have all the legal talk on them? I feel pretty safe using those.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Yes, comercialy avliable and professionally distributed stuff.
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Maniac

I'll take from anything that sounds good to my ear, even if I have to make the sounds myself!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search