The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Triton Extreme
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

Triton Extreme

I own an extreme and I have been gladly using it for all styles of music except rap (mainly jazz and rock) for months. (Mostly using it for live situations, or just plugging it right into the computer and physically playing the whole song)

I was just wondering any tips for using your midi keyboard to make your loops.

Do you guys almost exclusively use keyboard samples, sample yourself playing, etc.?

What's the best/most efficient way to go about creating your loops with the keyboard as the centerpiece.

Please tell me anything and everything...because right now I know nothing.

Anyway, just wondering.....I'm not trying to be the next Kanye West but I'm sure it's a nice skill to have.

Back to my hole....
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Well, havent had too much time to play with the Extreme. But the Trinity and the Triton was weak in the drum dept when it came to rap. Most producers said the drum were sweet. but the triton sounds were better than the Trinity. Everything elsee was cool with the korgs.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Ohh man, the triton has been used on countless hip-hop songs. I hear presets on the triton being used a lot as well. If you just plan to use the triton to create your tracks, it is very simple and very practical.

Just open up your sequencer and lay down a groove. Just some thing basic with a nice swing. Then find a nice bass patch you like, tweak it a bit and play what feels right. Then keep on building the other elements.

I'f I'm going to use just one keyboard to do this, i don't see the point in recording your midi tracks to audio right away. Just keep everything in midi and "2 track it" when your done.

Well that's very basic, but it should get you started.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search