The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lucid AD 9624
Old 17th February 2009
Gear Maniac

Lucid AD 9624

Anyone using this. Im looking for an AFFORDABLE converter so I can bypass my mbox. It is a piece that they no longer sell, so Im understandbly a little concerned.

Any thoughts ??

Lavish
Old 6th February 2020
Here for the gear

More than 10 years later...

I have a Lucid 9624 A/D and I thought that performs better than the 2010 RME FF 800 A/D Converters... Lots of gain. Usable meters. Stable conection. I know that there are better options, but this units are at bargain prices nowdays... But... Is still worth it in 2020?

How about the D/A9624 compared to the same interface? Is it worth nowadays?

Last edited by Juromero; 6th February 2020 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Added A/D Converters
Old 9th February 2020
Here for the gear

Bump I'm curious... they are very cheap on Ebay
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear

If the converters are the same grade as their 88192, I’d grab it. I use one of those (88192) for some outboard coming back into my DAW at 48k and it’s great (It’s got a very good clock too). These were used mostly in Broadcast/Post, not too many Pro Audio people got into these, which is why there’s very little info on them on this site.
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear

I had one for years. Very clean and boring sound. I wouldn’t use it again. My reason for that was the DA was very tight and small sounding. For recording not for me, but for outboard gear, it might be exactly what your looking for. It has a good soft saturator at the input stage tho
Old 18th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
If the converters are the same grade as their 88192, I’d grab it. I use one of those (88192) for some outboard coming back into my DAW at 48k and it’s great (It’s got a very good clock too). These were used mostly in Broadcast/Post, not too many Pro Audio people got into these, which is why there’s very little info on them on this site.
Thanks for your Reply. Never tried the 88192 but I am sure that is still a sweet sounding converter...

I found the A/D 9624 very clean and smooth-sounding. Is perfect for my small studio setup where I only mic 1- 2 sources at a time.

I spent recently one weekend recording some hip hop style vocals and some voice overs with my Affinity 2 + the A/D 9624 and I really enjoyed it. Nothing fancy but effective and it performed very well.

Based on the good results that I've got with the A/D 9624 I just ordered one of those D/A 9624. It's kinda I have nothing to loose I think.

If the D/A is kind of A/D sounding I think It's a bargain.Note that we are talking about a 20 year old converter...

Is Awesome
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juromero View Post
Note that we are talking about a 20 year old converter... Is Awesome
Yea man, vintage digital! Hang on to it, especially these obscure awesome converters that went under the pro audio radar!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search