The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What's your favorite basslines? Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 16th January 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
"Le Freak" - Chic
Bernard Edwards, yah!!

M-Lab, who's the bass player in this oldie? First glimpse of his boat race is @ 3.55 secs. Another @ 4.13 secs. I won't embed the clip for fear of frightenin' the horses.

YouTube - Everyone's a Winner - Tina Turner

ns
Old 16th January 2011
Lives for gear

Hate to say Best but

Three in one. also includes Best beat and Best Organ parts

Old 16th January 2011
Lives for gear

Old 27th November 2011
Lives for gear

a double

Last edited by Tom Hakala; 27th November 2011 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: a double
Old 27th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Irizarry View Post
6) Jam & Lewis´**** from ´83 til early 90s (THE KINGS OF r&b BASS OF THE 80s)
- examples:
- "What´s Missing" performed by Alexander O´Neal.
- THE WHOLE "HEARSAY" Alexander o´Neal album....some of Jam´s and Lewis´best work ever.
- "No One´s Gonna Love You" performed by the SOS Band.
I was just listening to What's Missing and thinking how great it is. Right now there's nothing better than mid 80's music and production.

So that bass on What's Missing is a Moog? Also interested to know what drum samples/machines were used back then.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hakala View Post
I was just listening to What's Missing and thinking how great it is. Right now there's nothing better than mid 80's music and production.

So that bass on What's Missing is a Moog? Also interested to know what drum samples/machines were used back then.
I think they used a Moog bass with pitch modulation in -2 or -1 octave from C5. Thank you for paying attention to my thread!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Check out this double bass by Barry Eastmond (produced for Freddie Jackson, Melba Moore, Jonathan Butler, etc):

I think he used some Ibanez bass and some Roland 303 e-bass layered. The only other song that sounds like this song was "Rock Steady" by The Whispers produced by LA Reid & Babyface with the double-bass layered action.

I didn't think Barry Eastmond could produce a funky-ass midtempo joint like this one (Stay by The Controllers).
I heard that this is the Detroit ballroom steppers jam for pimps and players out there.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Another one bites the Dust
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Irizarry View Post
Check out this double bass by Barry Eastmond (produced for Freddie Jackson, Melba Moore, Jonathan Butler, etc):

I think he used some Ibanez bass and some Roland 303 e-bass layered. The only other song that sounds like this song was "Rock Steady" by The Whispers produced by LA Reid & Babyface with the double-bass layered action.

I didn't think Barry Eastmond could produce a funky-ass midtempo joint like this one (Stay by The Controllers).
I heard that this is the Detroit ballroom steppers jam for pimps and players out there.
this is real funky thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Jaco Pastorius
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
Jaco Pastorius
Somebody on Mass Appeal's Rhythm Roulette used a sample from the Weather Report...I think it was the episode with Mark The 45 King.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The bass line on Heatwave’s Boogie Nights still gets me right there every time. I love the octaves. Don’t Stop the Music by Yarborough & Peoples is a close second.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

That nice late 80s TEddy Riley bass in the beginning and through out this song....
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

yeah, I know :

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search