The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I'm looking for good drum samples 4 RnB/HipHop!
Old 29th June 2005
Here for the gear

I'm looking for good drum samples 4 RnB/HipHop!

Hello Guys,

does anybody of you know that Sample CD http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW or others which are offered by phinal1 ? I'm very interested in buying some Sample CD's and i wanted to know if those "selfmade" Sample CD are better than commercial!

Thx
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Nut

?? 15 ??

It all depends: I've never tried them but for $15 you don't have much to loose. If you can get 4 or 5 good sounds that you like from the CD then it's worth it... if not, it's only $15.

Besides ... no matter what sample lib you get you still have to twist stretch and crush to get something that's more you... and not somone else... and even with the best lib in the world; sometimes you still need a drummer...

On the subject though I think the way drums are done on HH RB tracks is going to fundamentally change soon ... I see it going somewhere else ... but I can't figure out where ... something is going to change soon ... to what hummmm ... our beats are getting tired and most of the "new" stuff is just old stuff ...

If you try it out let us know ...
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabour
On the subject though I think the way drums are done on HH RB tracks is going to fundamentally change soon ... I see it going somewhere else ... but I can't figure out where ... something is going to change soon ... to what hummmm ... our beats are getting tired and most of the "new" stuff is just old stuff ...

boxy, roomy old-school drums with a motown twist? rare groove rises from nowhere and bites everyone in the ass?

that's my dream.

gregoire
del ubik
Old 1st July 2005
Gear Nut

hey nik, if you produce hip hop and rnb, search in the soul breaks, all drumz you hear from old skool to nu skool are the same but with different tweaking and the most important : in different layers

the dnb technik ist the same, we use ols breaks with adding distortion, layering with extra kiksnare and hats, then bounce and re layer with other break, try tunning up for cleanless and down for fatness( i always use a down and a up break)

i you wanna find these legend breaks as the funky drummer or other, go on dogsonacid.com, on the grid, you ll find

all the breaks you hear are old breaks , even layered with drummachine sounds, i think that you will recognize many hip hop hits by hearing old soul breaks

many years ago i ve bought samples cd but they have yet been tweaked, i prefer to have the original and create fresh breaks

bye

bye
Old 2nd July 2005
Lives for gear

simple answer, and dont knock it... REASON, perfect drums for rnb/hiphop, they are just very good for those genres if you want an easy all-in-one, and of course rewiring makes it all easy to work with esp if using SX
Old 2nd July 2005
Gear Nut

i agree, even if i work on logic, i use reason and sx to make my drumz, with dr rex cause instant pre listen at the bpm and easy to tweak the pitch, its the fastest way, i think

using the nnxt for rex files is cool cause you can use differents outputs for element, ez for specific treatments

so really, i come back to the reply, i dont tell you that this cd isnot good, but comprehension of how creating what you want is the best for you

drumz are like a game, we just have to play

bye
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Hey nik,

I say go for it.....i ve purchased sample cds from ebayers. I paid $20 including shipping and got 700 snare drums and around 900 kicks .

Granted, not all the sounds were da bomb, but enuff sounded good to make it worth my while and then some!!

Like one of the other posters said, its only $15....you could goto git mart and be out of ALOT more cash for worse samples.

rock

sdf
Old 23rd May 2007
Here for the gear

Drumlabz

Look for this sound bank itis pretty underground and probably you find the sound you want..

Peace

www.drumlabz.com
Old 23rd May 2007
Gear Addict

Hit sirocco up. He's a forum member with a website that sells some good kits.
Old 23rd May 2007
Lives for gear

Start up with getting Qbert's Breaktionary.
Then sample it, and chop it! You drums will be freaking awesome!
Old 29th May 2007
Lives for gear

dont support these people on ebay who search the internet for drums (all sampled and including drums from library producers - like me - and beleive me - we work hard) and sell them for there own profit. its just blatantly disgusting
Old 29th May 2007
Lives for gear

BEST DRUMS

The best drums i've ever purchased online have been from Modernbeats.com. The Neptunian drums are the cleanest drums you can get. Sounds are incredible.
Old 29th May 2007
Gear Nut

here are some of my drums of the clubby rnb persuasion.

http://www.jungbrothers.com/MarkJDrums.zip
Old 29th May 2007
Lives for gear

Make your own! I've been recording my live kit, cutting it up and filling it out with reason sounds behind it for huge sounds...

I've also got Ultimate Urban Breakz which I like a lot.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search