The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Suggestion for a new sticky
Old 17th August 2008
Lives for gear

Suggestion for a new sticky

whuts up gs, I was just thinking about having a stick dedicated to the most targeted areas of this forum, like vocal sticky, sound design etc.... I feeel the `New to Engineering` is a little to clutered and directed at more than one topic and its kinda too much for a noob to read. Some one introduced the `search before posting` IDEA and it kinda failed...I think it will limit the so called crazy post that noobs post when they can't find nothing...

so here's my idea for stickies..

1. Vocals (recording and mixing tips)
2. Sound design (synth secrets and tips
3. ITB mixing tips (everything in general)....

maybe its kinda of wacky, but a friend of mine joined this forum and I told him to look in the new to engineering sticky and he told me its too cluttered...I tld him its new topics brewin everyday and he said he can't fimnd what's he's looking for even with the searches, so I think having stickies with common targets is a great idea.....

and tony I don't mind if you delete this post, I will understand...payce
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyflo View Post
I tld him its new topics brewin everyday and he said he can't fimnd what's he's looking for even with the searches, so I think having stickies with common targets is a great idea.....

and tony I don't mind if you delete this post, I will understand...payce
Even if dude was to find a discussion that seems like something he is looking for, chats go so off topic now a days that a lot of threads are a waste to read through just to find the meat of what you want.

I think the stickies would be a good idea too.... if done right that is.
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

yeah if done right then maybe we can make it happen
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

like the idea alot man i was just talking baout it in a thread man we need some serious talk about engineering and mixing and stuff not the crap thats been going on lately.like the idea alot sound design would be cool and mixing we would all enjoy too.
Old 19th August 2008

Not happening... we don't need a sticky to talk about these things... start a thread about those things, that's what the forum is for.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search