The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trilogy??? Where is the good sub bass at??? Desktop Synthesizers
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Trilogy??? Where is the good sub bass at???

I have it and i only see like two that i can actually mess with. I have it for like close two a year and i have yet to find that grumbling thick sub bass that i hear on these r&B songs now I admit to not being much of a programmer so even when i tweak i can't get them to where i hear it in my head....... I need some dope presets lol... help ??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want that touch my body sub bass and that bed sub bass......

please help....
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

this is a joke, right?
Go through all the wavefrom/patch synth basses. I think there is even a menu with "Sub Basses" (or Sine). Now your problem will be that you don't know which one to choose from...
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

If the subs get any lower, then the Hertz will become "Hurts"
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

lol...just as I comment on Tony's "this is GEARSLUTZ!!" thread, I come across another one of these...
Old 8th August 2008
Deleted #29527
Ummmm, you can´t find a mean sub bass in Trilogy??? WOW ...
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell Blaze View Post
lol...just as I comment on Tony's "this is GEARSLUTZ!!" thread, I come across another one of these...
I guess it's gear-related....but more like: " How do I get a nice tube sound out of my Tube Tech MP1a?"
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

not sure what you mean exactly, but in general...

forget about sine waves.
start low-passing square waves.

one of the best things i've picked up hanging out on gs.
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Addict

yep. you need some harmonics in there otherwise its more of a feel on biig systems only
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Addict

sorry, but this thread is ridiculous..
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down View Post
not sure what you mean exactly, but in general...

forget about sine waves.
start low-passing square waves.

one of the best things i've picked up hanging out on gs.
I think there's one called "Generated Square" With a little envelope adjustment... man that is one sick sick sound.

Thanks for that little tidbit.
Old 8th August 2008
the best Bass patches/presets i ever heard came from reason adapted 3. they were very deep, but sounded clear though.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Triton r&b bass is decent too
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine View Post
sorry, but this thread is ridiculous..
this site is about people getting better. if people can't find something. Why can't they come to where the professionals are and ask a question.... I want my stuff to sound as professional and as close to radio ready as possible...

You could ve saved your comment dude...
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
I think there's one called "Generated Square" With a little envelope adjustment... man that is one sick sick sound.

Thanks for that little tidbit.
Ill try that...
thanks
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeusthewhizkid View Post
this site is about people getting better. if people can't find something. Why can't they come to where the professionals are and ask a question....
i havent used trilogy in a bit but i remember the default bass being a sub/sine thing.
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Addict

Trilogy??? Where is the good sub bass at???

Try switching down an octave or two on your MIDI keyboard?
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronique View Post
Try switching down an octave or two on your MIDI keyboard?
Yep.. haha
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

yea electronique is right... talking about dope patch in trilogy: try the "wall shaking moog", one of my fav: I played one of my beats at the club that have that sound playing the bass line: the name aint no joke!
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have it and i only see like two that i can actually mess with. I have it for like close two a year and i have yet to find that grumbling thick sub bass that i hear on these r&B songs now I admit to not being much of a programmer so even when i tweak i can't get them to where i hear it in my head....... I need some dope presets lol... help ??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want that touch my body sub bass and that bed sub bass......

please help....
Name several songs that have the kind of bass sound you are looking for, so then maybe we can narrow it down a little further.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Don't hate- I feel him trilogy is great but it doesn't sound as huge as a moog tracked through a great chain. You want the good stuff you gotta pay for it.

Perhaps you need to work on getting better basslines- a better arrangement while always thump more... Trilogy is an absolutely legitimate tool to use.
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Triton r&b bass is decent too
You took the words from my lips....the "dark bass" is what I had in mind.
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Set Surgeon View Post
You took the words from my lips....the "dark bass" is what I had in mind.
Yep..thats the one that I meant
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

I hate trilogy with a passion....i know im alone in this but thats just me. It sounds....awkward, like it doesnt know what it wants to be, live bass or sub bass, either way it sounds like doggy ca ca to me...
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

I prefer Bass from Reason 4.0 subtractor (Hyperbottom, La Riot) but if i really wanna get sexy on 'em i get live bass(have a friend play it), i only whip that out when i really wanna get 'em nekked.
Old 9th August 2008
Gear Addict

good cheap hardware option = waldorf pulse - mine was #189 and I use it pretty much for bass only, its low passed square waves smash the sh*t out of my flat.
Old 9th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Go to the basic waveforms in Trilogy. There are sines, squares, triangle waveforms from Moogs and Arps for instance. There's also some generated one. Actually with these basic ones, layering them, filtering them differently and so fourth you should be ready to rock.......
Old 9th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Name several songs that have the kind of bass sound you are looking for, so then maybe we can narrow it down a little further.
I did

touch my body - mariah carey

bed - j. holliday

crying out for me - mario

but especially like this song YouTube - Jesse McCartney - "Leavin" (Cam'rox Remix) Music Video!
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did

touch my body - mariah carey

bed - j. holliday

crying out for me - mario

but especially like this song YouTube - Jesse McCartney - "Leavin" (Cam'rox Remix) Music Video!

Actually those basses aren't that fat at all. None of em.

They're good patches, yes, but not much thickness - two of them are actually quite thin ("Bed" and "Crying Out For Me"). If you want thick basses listen to some tunes produced by The Underdogs or, as it has already been suggested, anyone who uses Moog-style basses.
Old 12th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Studio Electronics.

You should look into studioelectronics.com. Those are real analog, they'll give you the width and fat that you're looking for. The only thing that competes with my SE1X is the Minmonsta by G-Media. That rocks!

Peace,
SC
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear

i would peep the little phatty its a beast!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search