The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trilogy??? Where is the good sub bass at??? Desktop Synthesizers
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

if you want a plugin for Talent you should check here
Sweetwater Enters the Plug-In Market - Sweetwater Sound - 2002-03-31 | Harmony-Central.com
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Wu View Post

lol...CROC....BS. nice. I like that.
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear
live bass

Lately ive been meeting up with a lot of live musicians since my moms has a practice spot here for bands in haiti. I have to say for now on im never messing with these faggot patches anymore...... ill rather chop a cnote off a live bass and call it a day with a sample player of choice.

P.S. you guys do know youve awaken a dead post.
Old 7th September 2009
Lives for gear

For Bass it's:

Minimoog/Midimini>Voyager(Fed Back),Little Phatty,ATC-1,SE-1,Source,Octave Kat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Plugin's
Old 8th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_Trakz View Post
Lately ive been meeting up with a lot of live musicians since my moms has a practice spot here for bands in haiti. I have to say for now on im never messing with these faggot patches anymore...... ill rather chop a cnote off a live bass and call it a day with a sample player of choice.

P.S. you guys do know youve awaken a dead post.
Old 23rd September 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Triton r&b bass is decent too
Does Triton have that Jam & Lewis types of bass and that Tim & Bob kind of bass?
Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Food for thought. Involving presets that is.

1. Not a Trilogy fan. It's like candy - seems great at first, but eventually it'll make you sick. Meaning: the basses aren't "good" so much as they are "loud". The low end is super extended, and once you try to mix it, you find that in order to get it in there you either need to turn it way down, or cut the sub. Either way you lose the point. Bought it, played with it, moved on.

2. On better synths check out what the lead synth presets are. I find that played down a couple octaves many of these leads make for very interesting and powerful bass sounds - and I've found this to be universally true, though not for all lead sounds.

3. If all else fails - fake it. Fake it HARD.
Old 24th September 2009
Lives for gear
Problem with synths, the ones that I have anyway, is that each time you trigger a note, you get the same sound. Different velocities are level differences. No articulations. No finger switching, no realism.

Up to this point, I have preferred to EQ/process the hell out of Trilogy rather than use a static synth. But of course synth bass has it's place too

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search