The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trilogy??? Where is the good sub bass at??? Desktop Synthesizers
Old 12th August 2008
  #31
Lives for gear
 
MYAMS's Avatar
 

Spectrasonics should upgrade trilogy soon its getting a little dated... what do u guys think about omnisphere- I think it looks cool and and may have some great sounds and be a place for fx and such. but honestly Im not sure if I will get it I dunno if I need it.

Its definetely a god idea to get if you are completely in the box- but if you have some great synths I don't see whats the point.
Old 12th August 2008
  #32
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
Spectrasonics should upgrade trilogy soon its getting a little dated... what do u guys think about omnisphere- I think it looks cool and and may have some great sounds and be a place for fx and such. but honestly Im not sure if I will get it I dunno if I need it.

Its definetely a god idea to get if you are completely in the box- but if you have some great synths I don't see whats the point.
Does a bass patch get "dated" when most of them emulate moogs?
Old 12th August 2008
  #33
Lives for gear
 
C Heat's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeusthewhizkid View Post
Why don't you email Camrox?

The bass does sound particularly nice (smooth and round) on the 'Leavin' remix he did (nice job I think too

You'll likely find just a patch, probably from Trilogy! Hahaha.

Not a bad Album the new Jesse one.

Yeh, I said it.
Old 12th August 2008
  #34
Gear Maniac
 
gdeusthewhizkid's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdafunkyg View Post
You should look into studioelectronics.com. Those are real analog, they'll give you the width and fat that you're looking for. The only thing that competes with my SE1X is the Minmonsta by G-Media. That rocks!

Peace,
SC
your right about the minimonsta. I had it for a while but i was stuck on using trilogy because producers hype it up so much but can't front it's not too hard to tweak and i can get that sound.

definately gonna look into a se-1x or a lil phatty when i get some dough... SOftware is starting to get on my nerves lol...
Old 12th August 2008
  #35
Gear Addict
 
ninjasoards's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Triton r&b bass is decent too
One of my old faves.

I've forced myself to stop using it tho . . .

well, for the most part. heh
Old 12th August 2008
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Igotsoul4u's Avatar
Once again people are completely ignoring the fact that all their favorite sounding songs have been mixed and mastered by professionals. Pulling up a stock patch is not going to give you an instant "it" sound.
Old 12th August 2008
  #37
Lives for gear
 
C Heat's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u View Post
Once again people are completely ignoring the fact that all their favorite sounding songs have been mixed and mastered by professionals. Pulling up a stock patch is not going to give you an instant "it" sound.
This wasn't done like that. It was a REMIX:

Quote:
by an 18yr old kid.

And sounds pretty good. Especially the bass IMHO.

Last edited by C Heat; 13th August 2008 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: make sense!
Old 12th August 2008
  #38
Lives for gear
 
MYAMS's Avatar
 

I actually have trouble getting good sounding moog lines with trilogy. I set the glide up- but am not use how to get that vibrato effect on sustained notes. Anybody want to chime in on general moog tricks used in rnb tracks? Philly perhaps you could chime in?

One effect I was always interest in is how you get that slide effect on the moog (sounds like if you slide your fingers down the neck of a real bass). RnB producers use it all the time as a transitional effect.
Old 13th August 2008
  #39
Gear Maniac
 

I have this problem too...but I know the reason is my room, not trilogy. I need more absorbers ! Go to the edges of your room and check the subbass there..I think then you can here it! If you think that could be your problem than go to the acoustic forum on gearslutz...I learn a lot there! thumbsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeusthewhizkid View Post
I have it and i only see like two that i can actually mess with. I have it for like close two a year and i have yet to find that grumbling thick sub bass that i hear on these r&B songs now I admit to not being much of a programmer so even when i tweak i can't get them to where i hear it in my head....... I need some dope presets lol... help ??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I want that touch my body sub bass and that bed sub bass......

please help....
Old 14th June 2009
  #40
Gear Nut
 

where the good bass sounds at? lol

i wish i bought hi fi speakers to monitor.

i have tannoy active reveal.
And i have never enjoyed the sound from those speakers.
And when bounce a mix to play on cd or in car.....its not good....

Can hardly hear bass on tannoys..... and so when you turn up the low end in mix..... its way too much on normal speakers......

hi fi speakers i think would give me better results......sorry off topic.
Old 14th June 2009
  #41
Get the Rob Papen Sub Bass Vst, done!
Old 14th June 2009
  #42
Lives for gear
 

A good R&B bass eq'd to perfection layered with another synth bass with good mid/high harmonic content will give you that sound you are looking for. Don't forget thought in order to achieve that pumping effect, you have to use heavy compression. Since most of you guys are in the box, Blockfish with be perfect for the situation. Don't be afraid to use a heavy boost in the low range with eq before going into Blockfish or a similar compressor.
Old 14th June 2009
  #43
Lives for gear
 
voicegenius's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
I actually have trouble getting good sounding moog lines with trilogy. I set the glide up- but am not use how to get that vibrato effect on sustained notes. Anybody want to chime in on general moog tricks used in rnb tracks? Philly perhaps you could chime in?

One effect I was always interest in is how you get that slide effect on the moog (sounds like if you slide your fingers down the neck of a real bass). RnB producers use it all the time as a transitional effect.
Usually keyboards (Motif, Fantom, etc...) have a black strip on them to where you can slide your finger to reproduce that effect you're talkin about.... The Underdogs do it all the time...
Old 14th June 2009
  #44
D.L
Gear Head
 
D.L's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell Blaze View Post
Actually those basses aren't that fat at all. None of em.

They're good patches, yes, but not much thickness - two of them are actually quite thin ("Bed" and "Crying Out For Me"). If you want thick basses listen to some tunes produced by The Underdogs or, as it has already been suggested, anyone who uses Moog-style basses.

Yeah like the song Suffocate by J Holiday...that bassline on the chorus is PHAT
Old 15th June 2009
  #45
Lives for gear
 
MYAMS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius View Post
Usually keyboards (Motif, Fantom, etc...) have a black strip on them to where you can slide your finger to reproduce that effect you're talkin about.... The Underdogs do it all the time...
black strip? What exactly is it doing its probably a midi function all controllers have in some form?
Old 15th June 2009
  #46
Lives for gear
 
voicegenius's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
black strip? What exactly is it doing its probably a midi function all controllers have in some form?
Depends on what controller you have... I know the POS M-Audio keyboard I have doesn't... It's the black strip below the mod/pitch bend wheels... I think it used to be longer on the older keyboards...

Old 15th June 2009
  #47
Lives for gear
 

****'s called a ribbon controller LOL
Old 15th June 2009
  #48
a k
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthy08 View Post
I prefer Bass from Reason 4.0 subtractor (Hyperbottom, La Riot)
Hyperbottom is Maddscientists trademark bass. and by trademark, i mean he uses it in every other song, just like "poly-bells", also from reason, and that lead with the really fast LFO filter.

the patch is perfectly set up so that you can slide your hand up and down the keyboard and get a nice slide sound. it sounds really good in generally aswell
Old 15th June 2009
  #49
Lives for gear
 

Man, learn to program your own...it isn't that hard...
Old 15th June 2009
  #50
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
I actually have trouble getting good sounding moog lines with trilogy. I set the glide up- but am not use how to get that vibrato effect on sustained notes. Anybody want to chime in on general moog tricks used in rnb tracks? Philly perhaps you could chime in?

One effect I was always interest in is how you get that slide effect on the moog (sounds like if you slide your fingers down the neck of a real bass). RnB producers use it all the time as a transitional effect.
They slide their fingers up and down the keyboard. It's all about playing.

EDIT:

Check out Underdog Entertainment

Then go to "The Underlab" section of the site and check out those videos. The video of Damon in Room A is exactly what you're talking about. There aren't any tricks to it, it's just good old fashioned musicianship.
Old 15th June 2009
  #51
Lives for gear
 
voicegenius's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWsounds View Post
They slide their fingers up and down the keyboard. It's all about playing.

EDIT:

Check out Underdog Entertainment

Then go to "The Underlab" section of the site and check out those videos. The video of Damon in Room A is exactly what you're talking about. There aren't any tricks to it, it's just good old fashioned musicianship.
I was trying to provide a link to it, but I guess they want you to go on their site to look... Makes sense though...
Old 15th June 2009
  #52
Lives for gear
 
MYAMS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius View Post
I was trying to provide a link to it, but I guess they want you to go on their site to look... Makes sense though...
I got it guys thanks!
Old 16th June 2009
  #53
Lives for gear
 
Keyflo's Avatar
 

The Underdogs are beast with the basslines and the slides, they kill the moogey style basses
Old 18th June 2009
  #54
Lives for gear
 
47radAR's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius View Post
Usually keyboards (Motif, Fantom, etc...) have a black strip on them to where you can slide your finger to reproduce that effect you're talkin about.... The Underdogs do it all the time...
The Underdogs do finger slides. I don't know of anybody who uses the ribbon for bass slides. That doesn't mean it's not done, but I can't imagine the results would be exactly the same.
Old 18th June 2009
  #55
Lives for gear
 
voicegenius's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell Blaze View Post
The Underdogs do finger slides. I don't know of anybody who uses the ribbon for bass slides. That doesn't mean it's not done, but I can't imagine the results would be exactly the same.
Yeah, I know, but I could'a sworn I saw Damon doing slides on the ribbon, but what do I know...
Old 18th June 2009
  #56
Here for the gear
 

If you want your basses to be real thick and looow, you should stop looking for the preset to use, but get the mix right. Use a nice sinus or square with a low cut on it, filter it a bit, apply some chorus (fattens it up big time) and give it the space it needs to work in the mix. You should always sidechain it with your bassdrum and first of all - stop compressing every low end to it's very end...

Have fun :-)
Old 18th June 2009
  #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
I got it guys thanks!
Hey myams, are you talking about the effect that sounds like massive portamento like on "In the Ayer"? What I would do is to set the portamento high on the patch and run it from one note to the other... Is that what you were talking about?
Old 18th June 2009
  #58
Lives for gear
 
MYAMS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislago View Post
Hey myams, are you talking about the effect that sounds like massive portamento like on "In the Ayer"? What I would do is to set the portamento high on the patch and run it from one note to the other... Is that what you were talking about?
naw but its cool I got it my question was from a long time ago
Old 18th June 2009
  #59
Gear Head
 

ef

So I gotta chip in... You have had the program a year.. You don't really know how to program trilogy and I'm only assuming you must be lazy to actually learn to program it as if after a year you still going thru the presets you dont really like it must be the only explanation ..

I think you could get a greet bass sound from any plug ( if ya want )

I mean c'mon mate , looking for presets and just the fact that you have in 1 whole year found only 2 Sub basses you like.. That's when you take the time to learn to create it otherwise how you ever gonna grow and improve your skills..
Old 19th June 2009
  #60
Lives for gear
 
47radAR's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suriv View Post
So I gotta chip in... You have had the program a year.. You don't really know how to program trilogy and I'm only assuming you must be lazy to actually learn to program it as if after a year you still going thru the presets you dont really like it must be the only explanation ..

I think you could get a greet bass sound from any plug ( if ya want )

I mean c'mon mate , looking for presets and just the fact that you have in 1 whole year found only 2 Sub basses you like.. That's when you take the time to learn to create it otherwise how you ever gonna grow and improve your skills..
I think what he means is that this thread is from a year ago and he's long since figured it out.

This happens all the time when ppl respond to posts without checking the date...
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Harsh / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
2
Harsh / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0
Harsh / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0

Forum Jump
Forum Jump