The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do People Not Realize This is a GEAR Forum?? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 11th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepsnumb View Post
im not putting down people who do hip hop,(like myself),i just not into the over redundant **** that flooding the radio,i grew up listening to good hip hop such as de la soul,tribe called quest,kmd,gangstarr,etc...but what i was saying a could care less about reading things about that poppy rap, that my little sister is probably bumping in her white jetta,but if thats your thing more power to you,im just saying i wont read it...sorry to go off on a tangent,but i think you misunderstood what i said,so i wanted to clarify..thanks again-brooks
and to all you hip hop producers out there stay inspired,and try to remain creative,without falling into making music in a redundant poppy fashion
nah i got you i was just pointing out how easy it i to be misunderstood. i remember when people used to say all rap was crap and how i felt.
Old 11th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
im not putting down people who do hip hop,(like myself),i just not into the over redundant **** that flooding the radio,i grew up listening to good hip hop such as de la soul,tribe called quest,kmd,gangstarr,etc...but what i was saying a could care less about reading things about that poppy rap, that my little sister is probably bumping in her white jetta,but if thats your thing more power to you,im just saying i wont read it...sorry to go off on a tangent,but i think you misunderstood what i said,so i wanted to clarify..thanks again-brooks
and to all you hip hop producers out there stay inspired,and try to remain creative,without falling into making music in a redundant poppy fashion
IMHO, that's the "my hip hop is better than your hip hop" attitude prevalent on the internet message boards. There are a few pros here that work on alot of the music u hear today, including lil wayne and others, and it's this type of attitiude that cheapens the board because it is blatant disrespect for the next man's craft.
Old 12th August 2008
Here for the gear

no i wasnt sayin its bad rap,i just dont feel it.just like some cats wont feel my music.so in no way was i putting someone elses **** down,i was just agreeing that there are probably a grip of forums, where fools can discuss the new danity kane album, or how hood lil wayne is..the point is if someone doesnt feel my ****,im not going to get all butthurt about it,i expect some poeple not to feel it,but i dont worry about that, i just try to stay motivated to make music in a creative sense and not fall into how everyone else makes theres..

with all that said heres my first post that i posted on the the "new to engineering "feel free to give some advice

hey first off i would like to thank you cats for sharing the knowledge,
i working with
compaq laptop 2 months old
m-audio axiom 49 key
reason4.0
recycle 2.1
audacity
m-audio MobilePre USB - USB Bus-Powered Preamp and Audio Interface
m-audio Nova - Affordable Large Capsule Cardioid Microphone
im recording in by bedroom its pretty small ,walls made of plaster,carpet and has 2 windows

i know this is kinda of a budget setup but im starting out, my question is
a)is the nova gonna cut it for my vocals,i have a style similar to atmosphere and sage francis,
b)when im recording to audacity using the mobile pre,vocals sounds kinda cheap
so im wondering do i need a new mic or do i need a new audio interface
also if you can give me some quick advice for setting up mics such as screens,placement in room etc any advice would be much appreciated thanks..brooks
ps any recommendations much appreciated for my setup etc.
Old 13th August 2008
Lives for gear

dfegad
Quote:
.......i was just agreeing that there are probably a grip of forums, where fools can discuss the new danity kane album
Old 13th August 2008
Gear Maniac

i petition for a R&B forum or sub forum.
Old 13th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by R'shonn View Post
i petition for a R&B forum or sub forum.
That would be GREAT!!
Old 13th August 2008

We are not going to have one... consider this the R&B forum.
Old 13th August 2008
Lives for gear

you can only talk about gear for so long really. i appreciate the gear chat from time to time, but personally i'm much more interested in the techniques / workflow type of discussion.

how that relates to the creation of hip hop music in particular is what i find valuable about this board.

i'd much rather discuss how a song was created, or the methods of composing a tune than what preamp was used to track danity kane. just my $0.02.
Old 13th August 2008
Lives for gear

i guess if you sell beats for a living, you wanna talk about all that.

if you sell gear for a living, you wanna talk about that.

no harm, but there's an understanding or interest here that i dont think everyone has.
Old 13th August 2008
Lives for gear

i think sub forums would divide the community and give it less of a sense of unity (as if there is any heh)
really guys, how hard is it to scan past the noise?
Old 14th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lewis View Post
i think sub forums would divide the community and give it less of a sense of unity (as if there is any heh)
agreed, not hard to scan past any of the noise.

PS: no shot meant on my danity kane comments ken. your posts are generally very valuable.
Old 14th August 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymission View Post
i guess if you sell beats for a living, you wanna talk about all that.

if you sell gear for a living, you wanna talk about that.

no harm, but there's an understanding or interest here that i dont think everyone has.
You couldn't be more wrong. I don't want to talk about selling gear all day. And beat sellers don't want to talk about selling beats all day.

The forum was created to talk about gear..... to specifically talk about GEAR, TIPS and TECHNIQUES... not about "how rap is responsible for child killers" (this was actually a thread that was started and debated in this forum).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lewis View Post
This is EXACTLY why there won't be any additional subforums in this section.

Look... it's simple guys. If you want to gossip about rappers and producers, or battle each other over world issues, etc... then there are other forums for it. Go to them to discuss that kind of stuff.

If you want to talk about mixing, engineering, or anything gear related then do so here. THAT is what this forum is for.

Anyway, I think this thread has served it's purpose... Since it was started, people seem to be more clear on what the forum is for, and there hasn't been as many stupid or pointless threads, etc. Let's move on to new topics.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search