The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do Find "Cheating" When It Comes To Software Beat Making? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 8th August 2008
  #61
Lives for gear
 
cynic one's Avatar
 

...this is entertaining while i learn to mix 30 beats in ableton live for an instrumental release i'm doing.

wait, am i cheating? is that ok? i'm a producer not a dj....oh ****!
Old 8th August 2008
  #62
Lives for gear
 
tonymission's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycapmusic View Post
YOU looking more stupid by even hollarin back!
arrogant, pretentious, self-absorbed, asshole, etc ...

those would be much more accurate words to describe my role in this little school session.

"stupid"? meeeeh.... wait for it ... ehhhhhhh.... not so much.
Old 8th August 2008
  #63
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymission View Post
i was in LA doing video games and movie stuff and always wanted to serve beats but the market is dif there ...

so ive been at it for 2 years now in atlanta... last november is when i quit my day job and went full time. so i guess ive been at it fulltime 9 months now. music for about 12 years total. i feel like im bringing a lot of influence to my sound rather than recreating something previous.

my upcoming drops are A-list tho so the proof, really, is in the pudding ... i think my pace has been unusually fast given i just kinda popped onto the scene months ago. it's kinda like when that new kid transfers schools...

really, though ... im a fukkin rookie in this game. just dont deny what's gonna happen ... all ya gotta do is peep the music. not tryna stick my chest out but damn... the path ive travelled, i deserve some love and im finally gettin it.

and -- you said pop music... what does the word "pop" short for?
I feel you man, its all good..its a grind no doubt. just do you and DONT let anyone tell you "oh, man you should stop that music. it aint gonna jump off for you" I heard that MANY times. And that was from FAMILY MEMBERS of all people,lol! Not that the music was bad, ive always heard i had dope beats, the music was THERE but after so many yrs of not seeing any big deal jump off from it, you got uncles and cousins saying, basically, just STOP. That was nothing but the fuel to grind harder. so now things are starting to pay off a lil, just moved to the subs, im buying my house now, no more renting apts(even tho i had the best deal ever. i was in my apt since 95' paying.......$400 a month..NICE apt also. decent area in Oakland) so im blessed!
Old 8th August 2008
  #64
Lives for gear
 
ryst's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Kelly View Post
ryst,
you need to change your sig. as TonyBelmont pointed out, we haven't discussed gear in days..weeks.. months even.

just meaningful discussions about music.. figuring out goes on the studio, ya know
Old 8th August 2008
  #65
Its late yall..I had fun with the thread..Yall keep making dope music and lets all GET DOE! Peace! heh
Old 8th August 2008
  #66
Lives for gear
 
tonymission's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post
...this is entertaining while i learn to mix 30 beats in ableton live for an instrumental release i'm doing.

wait, am i cheating? is that ok? i'm a producer not a dj....oh ****!
you might need to hop on aim then for some questions...

that girl majesty i was tellin you about brought some samples over that are ridiculously stupidly off the chain but it's some OLD OLD and the bands tempo swings all over the place but not so bad that it cant be done ...

cant lock it in with logic ... figured live warp audio might do the job and then i can export that audio all tempo synced into logic and do my thing.

i hate working on the damn windows machine tho ... i keep ****in up the hotkeys ...

mac ftw
Old 8th August 2008
  #67
Lives for gear
 
ryst's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymission View Post
you might need to hop on aim then for some questions...

that girl majesty i was tellin you about brought some samples over that are ridiculously stupidly off the chain but it's some OLD OLD and the bands tempo swings all over the place but not so bad that it cant be done ...

cant lock it in with logic ... figured live warp audio might do the job and then i can export that audio all tempo synced into logic and do my thing.

i hate working on the damn windows machine tho ... i keep ****in up the hotkeys ...

mac ftw
yep. Live is perfect for that. I do it all the time. I love Live. And I am glad it hasn't really been embraced by a lot of hip hop producers.heh
Old 8th August 2008
  #68
Lives for gear
 
tonymission's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
yep. Live is perfect for that. I do it all the time. I love Live. And I am glad it hasn't really been embraced by a lot of hip hop producers.heh
that's what i figured ...

im glad too, it could kinda **** up the sample game if it was fully embraced. let's try to keep this down eh ...
Old 8th August 2008
  #69
I think its BS when they say Live is for JUST DJ's..I played with Live a few times and was SPRUNG on what i saw it do. The way it tracks the beat out at the top page is CRAZY..Plus i love the fact that you can "jump" to different sequences in the middle of a sequence.
Old 8th August 2008
  #70
Lives for gear
 
cynic one's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymission View Post
you might need to hop on aim then for some questions...
i'll letcha know when i finally figure this **** out. it's been a hot minute since i did any dj transitions and i'm sitting here struggling with a st8 mix or some psychotic mashup of all my tracks. sittin here bouncing em all out to drum / instrument loops right now
Old 8th August 2008
  #71
Gear Head
 

LOL. people, if its hot, its hot. no matter what u use. it's cheating when peeps like rallycapmusic think they're "producers" when they're only beatmakers (if even).
Old 8th August 2008
  #72
Lives for gear
 
MYAMS's Avatar
 

To summarize...

Rally, you were a dead give away! You lost everybody at your initial posting of your thread. Everything from the topic to the way you phrased it spelled "amatuer". No matter what you say, I speak for the majority here.

I normally ignore the stupid threads and comments people make... but when someone really needs to get called out, I call them out.

I gave you hate criticism because I believed you deserved it after your response to my initial post. You then proceeded totally lash out at everyone else's contructive criticism, alienating yourself from the entire GS community. Way to go!

Solution for you: Go back to Future Producers and god help you. You just missed a great opportunity to learn from others hear. You should have taken in what people were saying and asked for help because you need it. And selling $25 beats on soundclick does not make you a producer, sorry.

Solution for me (and other legitimate members here who decided to pick a bone with this fool): Lets ignore these ignorant fools who decide to post here. The are almost 100% of the time angry, unintelligible, and completely stubborn. These threads just make us look bad!

Tony, perhaps this should become a private forum. Or perhaps we just need a "bitch-asseness" section.
Old 8th August 2008
  #73
Lives for gear
 
tonymission's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
These threads just make us look bad!.
You're right, they really do.

I really wanted to just tell the dude to "try and take your software even farther if you're just twiddling away with it with one hand on the mouse." but I apparently communicated that poorly. He just kinda walked into one right after another and hey, I couldnt resist!! I dont usually go looking for fights but Ill beat the **** out of someone when the find me. All this MMA training has got me wound up and full of "tough guy" ... tutt
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
djburnone / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
36
pascalspits / Music Computers
2
MIDIchlorian / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
16
eligit / So much gear, so little time
4

Forum Jump
Forum Jump