The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do Find "Cheating" When It Comes To Software Beat Making? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Not to pile on......but rally you're seriously trippin with a lot of your recent posts.

This thread in particular is pretty wack. If you don't want a discussion, don't start a thread. Maybe you were just bored or whatever, but damn. A few days ago you were asking about how to manipulate audio in a sequencer after it's been printed...now this?

...and anyone that knows how to do some paperwork and put up a few bucks can have a label. Mission is doin big things, and you're looking like the hater here.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycapmusic View Post
WHEN WE GOT MORE DETAILED WITH OUR GEAR, WE LOST FOCUS ON JUST MAKING GOOD MUSIC.
So now that soulja boy has a laptop and fruity loops we can hear good music again
Old 8th August 2008
someone get this clown outta here.

you can't help someone who ain't ready...and may never be.

and like tony said, "Congrats on the shoebox..."
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
LO so what make you think i cant handle it from cats on here that i NEVER MET?
Gee...uh...from your responses to other people on this thread. It's not rocket science. You are coming off sounding very immature and unprofessional. And you are getting into pissing matches with anyone who disagrees with you. You won't see too many "true professionals" do that. Keep diggin' yourself into a hole.
Old 8th August 2008
Yeah someone get these haters off here..Im just amazed how sensitive fools are. is any REAL men here or are these just chicks posing? whats REALLY going on.

AND..AH..no hatin on this end pimp. Im gettin mine! Can care less what YOU do.
Old 8th August 2008
Its all good yall, no hard feelings...yall need to chill on being so sensitive. you gonna always have people ruffle ya feathers throughout life and not being able to handle it is NOT COOL. You can tell me ALL DAY my beats aint s**t. I can care less, you think thats gonna stop me from making em,lol! peace!

By the way. Im selling my Roland MV-8000 and a Roland RS-50. I mastered em both, made some good songs with em and got bored with em. Looking for a NEW challenge.
Oh and check me out on YOUTUBE.com From what Open Labs told me, they said i was the only guy they shipped a MIKO to in the BAY AREA. They said before me that they NEVER shipped a MIKO to 1 individual in this area. Guitar Center Demo, YES but not a sole customer (the haters are REALLY gonna go to town on me now with this one,lol). Go to YOUTUBE and type Q.U. Da Scientist
Old 8th August 2008
I'm just gonna keep bumpin this thread till it gets deleted.

NO, WAIT!!!! You're getting through to me!!! Making music with software is CHEATING!!!

OMG, I've been fooling everyone!! I feel sooooo guilty!

I'm going to burn in hell with Polow!
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Kelly View Post

NO, WAIT!!!! You're getting through to me!!! Making music with software is CHEATING!!!

They'll take away your sainthood!
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

lol! damn, i need to slit my wrists for this dope guitar riff that i chopped up from an apple loop.

WITH MY MOUSE EVEN LOLZOMGWTFBBQ

hax n cheetz 4 kidz l33t pwnage.
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
Making music with software is CHEATING
Go back and READ the thread. I asked if YOU FELT LIKE IT WAS CHEATING. your buying into the hype now, stop it, bump ya brakes, slow ya road charlie.

WOW! my myspace hits are THREW THE ROOF! I MUST be the man tonight..wow, look at them numbers go up!
Old 8th August 2008
OHHH ok i get it now..Its COMEDIANS posing as wanna be producers! ok its all making since to me now,lol!
yeah PLEASE delete this thread cause even IM getting tiered of it,lol!
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Go back and READ the thread. I asked if YOU FELT LIKE IT WAS CHEATING. your buying into the hype now, stop it, bump ya brakes, slow ya road charlie.

all bs aside...

my beats on the fantom g + an mpc (imo) beat the **** out of the stuff i do in logic ... i think anyone on this forum could pick them out on the list.

granted i think i can be more creative, i feel, on software... break more rules, stretch the boundaries, do a lot more sample craziness then i have the feel to do outboard but no ...

the best beat ("the next level beat" on the site imo) ive made lately was done with a fantom g + mpc recorded as raw audio, track by track, as it was gettin made (like 2-4 bar cuts) into logic and then just completely flipped again inside of logic and then mixed itb.

it took 5 minutes to play the riffs/drum parts on every track for it...

another 24 hours in logic (it seemed!) to make it fukkin rock.

Last edited by tonymission; 8th August 2008 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: clarity
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
OHHH ok i get it now..Its COMEDIANS posing as wanna be producers! ok its all making since to me now,lol!
yeah PLEASE delete this thread cause even IM getting tiered of it,lol!
Oh ****!! I checked out your MySpace!

Granted, most people don't have their hottest **** on their page, but where you're at?? damn...

You should face the facts:

You need to cheat if you wanna get anywhere in this race!!

It's a good time to switch to software man, it's the only thing that can save you (according to your statements about it's magical powers)...
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymission View Post
it took 5 minutes to play the riffs/drum parts on every track for it...

another 24 hours in logic (it seemed!) to make it fukkin rock.
Definitely how it goes.. the 90/10 rule.

90% of the work done in 10% of the time.. the other 10% of the work done with the last 90% of the time.
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
It's a good time to switch to software man, it's the only thing that can save you (according to your statements about it's magical powers)...
<<<<<---------This statement shows what kinda of clown YOU are,lol! that s**t was done with 1 HAND ON THE MOUSE, THE OTHER HAND UNDER MY CHIN, BOARD AT 11:30PM, PLAYING WITH LOGIC! YOU should know your gear my friend since your mister "super beat makin king" around here! im disappointed you didnt recognize that was Logic. And FYI, 3 of those beats just sold....so....um (clearing da throat) STEP YO GAME UP SIR!
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
<<<<<---------This statement shows what kinda of clown YOU are,lol! that s**t was done with 1 HAND ON THE MOUSE, THE OTHER HAND UNDER MY CHIN, BOARD AT 11:30PM, PLAYING WITH LOGIC! YOU should know your gear my friend since your mister "super beat makin king" around here! im disappointed you didnt recognize that was Logic. And FYI, 3 of those beats just sold....so....um (clearing da throat) STEP YO GAME UP SIR!
i don't believe those beats sold. not 1 bit. sorry.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
that was logic, really? ive been using logic since version 3 and the native plugs, at least, have their own sound to an extent but i cant say "oh this was made in logic" was the first thought that popped into my head.
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
You need to cheat if you wanna get anywhere in this race!!
Oh and its NOT a race my friend, believe me..lol! You racing after money that aint coming to you..Im waiting up for it, GETTIN IT!
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Addict

This thread reminds me of the bumper sticker that says "Drum Machines Have No Soul."

A lot of "real musicians" think electronic music of any form is "cheating."
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco View Post
i don't believe those beats sold. not 1 bit. sorry.
Oh believe me, i got the paypal receipts to proove it..Let me give you a word of advice..GET ON THAT POP S**T. They EATTING that s**t up all day long,lol!
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh and its NOT a race my friend, believe me..lol! You racing after money that aint coming to you..Im waiting up for it, GETTIN IT!
you've been at this 15 years ya said?

definitely not a race ...
Old 8th August 2008
lol! YOUR right, its not a race because i can tell YOU just started. Im WAAAYY ahead of you!
MAN! i just listen to YO page and BOY, YOU need to step it up FOREAL! C'mon, LOOPING A 2 BAR SAMPLE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? lol! Them days are OVER. You gotta be WAY mo creative than that. I would take that beat from you for FREE. That will kill my career!,lol!

Bet you dont even know what a Tascam 424 is. and dont try to run to google looking it up..If you dont know then you just dont know..
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
you've been at this 15 years ya said?

definitely not a race ...
Haha, I like you.. got more wit than these fools can handle.

Btw buds, selling a beat for $25 for someone to make terrible vocals which rival your ****ty beat isn't a big acomplishment. And you didn't sell them anyways.. lol.

Aside from using stock Logic stuff, I also use live instruments, 3rd party virtual instruments, and occasionally samples.

If those are the beats you made when you were "cheating" with software, I can't even imagine how bad your stuff comes out when you're "doing it the hard way" with "hard"ware
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
lol! YOUR right, its not a race because i can tell YOU just started. Im WAAAYY ahead of you!
Bet you dont even know what a Tascam 424 is. and dont try to run to google looking it up..If you dont know then you just dont know..
With every new post you are looking more and more stupid.....Keep diggin' that hole

And while you are at it, instead of telling everyone to look you up on google and youtube, I suggest you look up the word "humility" because it's clearly not in your vocabulary.
Old 8th August 2008
ryst,
you need to change your sig. as TonyBelmont pointed out, we haven't discussed gear in days..weeks.. months even.

just meaningful discussions about music.. figuring out goes on the studio, ya know
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
i was in LA doing video games and movie stuff and always wanted to serve beats but the market is dif there ...

so ive been at it for 2 years now in atlanta... last november is when i quit my day job and went full time. so i guess ive been at it fulltime 9 months now. music for about 12 years total. i feel like im bringing a lot of influence to my sound rather than recreating something previous.

my upcoming drops are A-list tho so the proof, really, is in the pudding ... i think my pace has been unusually fast given i just kinda popped onto the scene months ago. it's kinda like when that new kid transfers schools...

really, though ... im a fukkin rookie in this game. just dont deny what's gonna happen ... all ya gotta do is peep the music. not tryna stick my chest out but damn... the path ive travelled, i deserve some love and im finally gettin it.

and -- you said pop music... what does the word "pop" short for?
Old 8th August 2008
Im trying to get the hole deep as i can! what else can i do to make that happen. its late night here on the west coast (YAY AREA), im having fun getting yo clowns heated i can see. so what else can be done..YOU looking more stupid by even hollarin back!
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
and -- you said pop music... what is the word "pop" short for?
This one is sig worthy!!!!!!!

you know it ain't short for "popular"
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Addict

one thing i think hardware has that software will never have is the 960 ppq resolution like on the mpcs.. and also you get midi delay which is annoying to fix.. with an mpc you get your customized groove.
but i think software like fruity loops lets you try crazier stuff.. and its easier to just drop a sound anywhere in the drum pattern and experiment.. i wish an mpc had a mouse and a pattern sequencer like fl studio.. best of both worlds!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search