The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitars in Hip Hop music
Old 7th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Guitars in Hip Hop music

Hi everybody,

the last time somebody tried to open a serious thread dedicated to the subject of "guitars in hip hop music", the thread took off with a few misleading answers ("guitars in hip hop music = synthetisers", ...) and ended up in a silly fight over wether Dr. Dre made his own music or only took credit for the work of other people. It is needless to say, that if things could turn up different this time it would be truly appreciated...

So here we go again:

Guitars in Hip Hop music.

Since it's a vast subject I will suggest a few concrete questions and hopefully the discussion will build from there...

1) What guitars, what brands of guitars, what models of (electric) guitars are the most commonly used in hip hop music?

I think it is safe to say that we all agree that songs such as "Dr. Dre - Bitch Niggaz", "Eminem - Role Model" or "Bishop Lamont - Grow Up" use REAL (electric) guitars (as opposed to synthetiser guitar patches)... but what models (tele, strato?)? brands (Fender, paul reed smith?)?

ps: feel free to also discuss the most popular brands/models of bass guitars...

2) How are electric guitars recorded (di? mic?) in hip hop music ? What effects are they being run through ? Any standart guitar eq/comps ?

3) Any infos on the guitars used by Sean Cruse (Credit as guitarist include Dre/Eminem/...) ? This dude is a ghost... how can you be credited for some of the biggest albums in the history of music and not have ONE single interview on the internet... That's beyond me.

4) Which guitar model/brand would you recommend to somebody who is looking for the most versatile and relatively inexpensive (1000/1500$ max) solution to achieve the sound of guitars such as those found in the songs I have mentionned previously ("Dr. Dre - Bitch Niggaz", "Eminem - Role Model" or "Bishop Lamont - Grow Up") ?

Same questions for a bass guitar.

Thanks for your time
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

For the Dre sound you are going to want a twangy guitar sound like from a Fender or Tele. Definetely American and preferably a special edition or vintage model. You can get a solid Fender for around a grand.

You need a really good pre-amp to give it that presence and bite- avalon 737 is pretty common for guitars but any would work.

Most importantly a really solid player...

You can D.I. and use something like guitar rig but running through a Fender Tube amp for a clean sound would be best. You can also mic and D.I. simultaneously and blend the two to get a really fat sound.

Other than that- A good engineer and some outboard processing doesn't hurt. For a super crisp and compressed sound like on Dre's records its probably an SSL but I am not sure.

In sum... Great guitar sounds require not only time and money... but talented people. No Magic.

About Sean Cruise... Dunno who he is but musicians are usually never given credits. They are hired and paid a one time fee to record parts.
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Hi AP,

My original instrument of choice was/is the guitar and as a result,I have played on virtually thousands of recording sessions including all of the classic Philly stuff.
Now back then,I usually played a '71 Les Paul and for the "sitar stuff"it was a Coral electric sitar.

Later on on a lot of the Teddy Pendergrass sessions Lou Rawls,Jones Girls etc, I sometimes played an Ibanez Bob Weir model axe.
Now it appears to me that on most of the hip hop records where the axe isnt sampled, its usually some version of a Fender Stratocaster.
However,most of what I hear is usually sequenced from some software application and being a REAL guitar player, I can differentiate between what is real and what is not.

I also hear some various aproximations of a 12 string acoustic although most arent very good.
You asked, and I responded with what I know from a pro point of view.
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

That DRE guitar tone is actually pretty easy guitar tone to get. Getting the recording to sit right in a mix like DRE does is something totally different.

Anway:

1. Get a Fender Strat or Tele.

2. Get a Fender tube amp with a 10" or 12' speaker. (Many tube amps would work but I like the sound of Fender with Fender guitars)

3. Get sound right on amp in vocal booth.

4. Put SM57 and a ribbon mic on the speaker, try different setups as a little shift can make a huge difference in recorded tone.

That is about it. Recording electric guitars is not rocket science and sounds great.

Like I said, the hard part is getting the guitar into the mix like DRE does. It floats and doesn't mess with the lyrics............f'in tough to get that. I dunno how he does.

Holy ****e........I forgot the most important part.........A good player!
Old 7th August 2008
Disclaimer:
I am not a guitarist or bassist. I don't have a bass guitar, and my e-guitar is a rental.

That being said, I've made songs constructed around guitar and or bass parts I've "played" (sometimes that involves a little more than "hitting record and playin a lick" for someone like me.. it's sorta like sampling.. or extreme comp'ing ..hehe)

Fender P-bass seems to be a generally safe choice for doing a range of urban styles. The one I was using had a nice tone. It wasn't suitable for everything, but I think it probably had the widest possible applications, even if it wouldn't win out everything.

For guitars in this genre(s), I think most of the time you'd want something "clean"..
I think a Fender Stratocaster would be a safe choice... between the different pickup types and tone control, you can get a decent range of tonal control from most electric guitars.
I doubt you can really go wrong with any respected name and decent model..whether Fender, Gibson, etc etc

I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of rap and rnb records use DI only. Not because it's better, but because it's the most viable option.

For Dre, this probably not the case.. why have nice rooms, and not mic?

If you don't have a nice room, and aren't going to rent one, I'm not sure I'd bother trying to mic... but it doesn't hurt to check out the results. Since you're not trying to get some Niel Young overdrive, I don't think you'd have to turn the amp up too loud, which should make it easier to get a decent recording in a less than perfect room (more volume = more ****ed up energy bouncing off the walls)

The bass on lots of rap records is DEFINITELY DI only. That extra high end works well, cause we like it to "cut" really good and that clean, edgy sound is something often favored in our mixes -- not the case with most rock, etc.
Having both DI and well mic'd version is still ideal of course.. you can see which sounds better in the context of the song, and mix the 2 signals as well (very common practice.. to get the best of both worlds)

With guitars, the amp'd version usually favored.. but if it's hot, it's hot, right? i'm not gonna hear your song and say "damn, should've have gone DI" as long as it's good, that's all that matters.

I don't know any "prefered" outboard gear with regard to EQs and Comps.

What I do know is you'll want an Amp/FX simulator or 2... whether something like a POD or something on plugin side like AmpliTube or GuitarRig.

And as with anything you record, whether you're mic'ing or DI, a quality preamp is a good step in the right direction.

Hope this was helpful, and didn't contain any (or too much misinformation

PS. those 3 example tracks you posted all sound like tones I've achieved with my a Strat. doesn't mean "that's the way".. just saying tho. Have to admit tho, "Bitch Niggaz" is more on my level producing.. since I can't actually play, the other 2 two phrases are not something I could do myself...yet
Old 7th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Guitar is a pretty much the easiest instrument in the world to record, as its hard to go wrong. DI, micing, amp emulation et cetera are all based on the sound your looking for.

As far as guitar models, most guitarists purchase there guitar based on how they play more than how they sound. For example you never see a shredding guitar player on a Fender Tele or Mustang as the narrow neck makes it difficult to bends.

When it does come to sound types of pickups (active/passive, single coil, humbucker, p90, piezo) and choice of wood (body, neck, fingerboard) as well as actual neck construction (neck through, glue in, bolt in) and body construction (solid, two piece, hollow body, semi hollow, laminated top) all come into play.

That being said the go to standards are:
Fender Stratocaster: normally bolt on maple neck with maple or rosewood fingerboard, 3 passive single coil pickups and a two piece ash or alder body.

or the Gibson Les Paul: glue in mahogany neck with rosewood or ebony fingerboard, 2 piece mahogany body normally with a laminated maple top (more bite and sustain to the compliment the warm mahogany) and two burstbucker humbucking pickups.

There are ton of options (I play Teles and Jaguars myself) but it all comes down to what works best for the player.
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune Prophet View Post
Hi everybody,

the last time somebody tried to open a serious thread dedicated to the subject of "guitars in hip hop music", the thread took off with a few misleading answers ("guitars in hip hop music = synthetisers", ...) and ended up in a silly fight over wether Dr. Dre made his own music or only took credit for the work of other people. It is needless to say, that if things could turn up different this time it would be truly appreciated...

So here we go again:

Guitars in Hip Hop music.

Since it's a vast subject I will suggest a few concrete questions and hopefully the discussion will build from there...

1) What guitars, what brands of guitars, what models of (electric) guitars are the most commonly used in hip hop music?

I think it is safe to say that we all agree that songs such as "Dr. Dre - Bitch Niggaz", "Eminem - Role Model" or "Bishop Lamont - Grow Up" use REAL (electric) guitars (as opposed to synthetiser guitar patches)... but what models (tele, strato?)? brands (Fender, paul reed smith?)?

ps: feel free to also discuss the most popular brands/models of bass guitars...

2) How are electric guitars recorded (di? mic?) in hip hop music ? What effects are they being run through ? Any standart guitar eq/comps ?

3) Any infos on the guitars used by Sean Cruse (Credit as guitarist include Dre/Eminem/...) ? This dude is a ghost... how can you be credited for some of the biggest albums in the history of music and not have ONE single interview on the internet... That's beyond me.

4) Which guitar model/brand would you recommend to somebody who is looking for the most versatile and relatively inexpensive (1000/1500$ max) solution to achieve the sound of guitars such as those found in the songs I have mentionned previously ("Dr. Dre - Bitch Niggaz", "Eminem - Role Model" or "Bishop Lamont - Grow Up") ?

Thanks for your time
They are all obviously two bar loops.
They were not played live with the track
The first one sounds like a "Gibson semi hollow body" maybe like a 137 with the pick up switch in the middle position.

The Em one sounds like a Strat, with the pick up switch all the way down and being played very close to the bridge.
The third one is the same axe as the first one.
Old 7th August 2008
Gear Addict

all falls down is the sttt
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

If you are just learning the guitar, I think you are over thinking it a bit...

Most guitars come with a pickup selector and tone knob, capable of allowing you to get varied tones. Want a bright chimy sound? use the Bridge pickup, want more of a woody mellow sound? Use the neck pickup. wala.

Amps, if you are looking for a clean tone, then you really don't have to worry much dude. Most amps can do a half way decent clean, Get a cheaper fender tube or something. though you could simply get away with using an amp sim, and or pod, yeah, a crappy pod would get you an easy direct tone.

Now if you are looking for distortion and stuff with character, then amp shopping comes into play, but I don't recommend that untill you get a feel for what you want... Nor really sweating what kind of guitar to get just yet...

Gibson LP's, Fender Strats, PRS, Ibanez, Taylor, Shecter, the list could go on and on. The price difference in more expensive guitars are due to wood choice, finishing, look, name, detail etc. But I have no doubt you could get a 500 dollar ibanez and do some nice recordings.

As you get more into it, feel and sound differences (albeit usually a matter of personal taste) will come into play more.
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Gilla View Post
Guitar is a pretty much the easiest instrument in the world to record, as its hard to go wrong. DI, micing, amp emulation et cetera are all based on the sound your looking for.

As far as guitar models, most guitarists purchase there guitar based on how they play more than how they sound. For example you never see a shredding guitar player on a Fender Tele or Mustang as the narrow neck makes it difficult to bends.

When it does come to sound types of pickups (active/passive, single coil, humbucker, p90, piezo) and choice of wood (body, neck, fingerboard) as well as actual neck construction (neck through, glue in, bolt in) and body construction (solid, two piece, hollow body, semi hollow, laminated top) all come into play.

That being said the go to standards are:
Fender Stratocaster: normally bolt on maple neck with maple or rosewood fingerboard, 3 passive single coil pickups and a two piece ash or alder body.

or the Gibson Les Paul: glue in mahogany neck with rosewood or ebony fingerboard, 2 piece mahogany body normally with a laminated maple top (more bite and sustain to the compliment the warm mahogany) and two burstbucker humbucking pickups.

There are ton of options (I play Teles and Jaguars myself) but it all comes down to what works best for the player.
You must be an axe man
Old 7th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManBand View Post
all falls down is the sttt
Since if I won't say it, someone will

The acoustic re-played on All Falls Down was done by one of our GS members, Ken Lewis. He may well pop in this thread on his break or something.. he likes to be helpful and offer tid bits for us to chew on
Old 7th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
You must be an axe man
And you must be a detective!
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

I'm not sure what the "standard" is but I play guitar/bass for a lot of people's hip hop records, my own tracks, and rock stuff. I can get pretty much any tone I want simply thru experience. I have played for a long time and know how to get pretty much any sound I want out of it.

My main electric guitar is a baritone and my other electric is a Ibanez S series from the early 90's. For bass I use a 5 string Schecter Stiletto. It's good to have the low B especially for hip hop and R&B.

For guitar I mainy mic up my amp although sometimes for the heavier stuff I will use a pod. I know they aren't popular around GS but for heavy stuff I have dialed in a pretty mean tone.

Bass is always DI'd and I like the Ampeg bass plug in from IK Multimedia for the amp sound. By the way...

......anytime I get a chance to show off my Baritone I just cant say no...Here's my baby....ain't she gorgeous!: heh

Old 7th August 2008
Gear Maniac

That is a very broad question. Since Hip Hop goes back to jazz, which goes back to blues, which goes back to ... well, you get the picture ... any type of guitar can be used. Anything from a Les Paul to a 335 to a Strat. The most important element is the player.

You can get a great sounding guitar for 100 bucks if you look in the right place. It doesn't matter what it's made of, it matters what the musician does with it. If approached from the angle of "what to do with the colors of the palette" rather than, "what kind of paint do I buy", then the question has an endless plethora of possibilities.

These days, most producers opt for modelling devices, since they're cheap and effective. And, since the guitar is more than likely to be buried in the mix under drums and bass, it's the texture, not the sound, that is most important. At least, that's what I've found in my sessions ...

Peace.
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Kelly View Post
And you must be a detective!
yeah..a regular Sherlock Homeboy
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsblues View Post
These days, most producers opt for modelling devices, since they're cheap and effective. And, since the guitar is more than likely to be buried in the mix under drums and bass, it's the texture, not the sound, that is most important. At least, that's what I've found in my sessions ...
I've found the opposite to be true. For one, a lot of the fake guitars I hear are not buried and I can point them out easily. And when i replace them, the producer and artist are like..."WHOA!!!!!!!!" But that's just my experience.
Old 7th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the great answers so far everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman
Hi AP,

My original instrument of choice was/is the guitar and as a result,I have played on virtually thousands of recording sessions including all of the classic Philly stuff.
Now back then,I usually played a '71 Les Paul and for the "sitar stuff"it was a Coral electric sitar.

Later on on a lot of the Teddy Pendergrass sessions Lou Rawls,Jones Girls etc, I sometimes played an Ibanez Bob Weir model axe.
Now it appears to me that on most of the hip hop records where the axe isnt sampled, its usually some version of a Fender Stratocaster.
However,most of what I hear is usually sequenced from some software application and being a REAL guitar player, I can differentiate between what is real and what is not.

I also hear some various aproximations of a 12 string acoustic although most arent very good.
You asked, and I responded with what I know from a pro point of view.
Hi phillysoulman,

thanks for your answers... Your insight on these kind of questions is - as always - priceless considering your résumé.

So you have worked with the Jones Girls?! Don't tell me you have contributed in one way or another to their 1984 album "Keep it coming"! I love that record, especially the track entitled Keep It Coming...funk at its best.

Don't hesitate to share all the infos that you think could be usefull to somebody wanting to record great guitar performances (in a hip hop context and in general).

Quote:
They are all obviously two bar loops.
They were not played live with the track
The first one sounds like a "Gibson semi hollow body" maybe like a 137 with the pick up switch in the middle position.

The Em one sounds like a Strat, with the pick up switch all the way down and being played very close to the bridge.
The third one is the same axe as the first one.
Well, I have a few photos for you (and everybody else) of the guitar that was (most probably) used on the last record called "Grow Up" by Bishop Lamont.

So... what's your thoughts?

To me the guitar looks like a fairly new (post-2000) Fender Special Edition or Deluxe Stratocaster rather than a Gibson... It also looks like it is being recorded direct. However, me being close to a total newbie as far as guitars are concerned, I could be totally wrong though. I'll do my own researches on it if anybody hasn't come up with a suggestion by then.

Keep the great informations comming y'all
Attached Thumbnails
Guitars in Hip Hop music-realvlcsnap-1137706.png   Guitars in Hip Hop music-realvlcsnap-1138341.png   Guitars in Hip Hop music-realvlcsnap-1138707.jpg  
Old 7th August 2008
Quote:
yeah..a regular Sherlock Homeboy
You mean...

A regular Sherlock, homes
Old 7th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
For bass I use a 5 string Schecter Stiletto. It's good to have the low B especially for hip hop and R&B.
That sounds look a good tip/consideration! Will keep in mind...
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
You mean...

A regular Sherlock, homes
I was gonna say that but........(smile)
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for the great answers so far everybody!

Hi phillysoulman,

thanks for your answers... Your insight on these kind of questions is - as always - priceless considering your résumé.

So you have worked with the Jones Girls?! Don't tell me you have contributed in one way or another to their 1984 album "Keep it coming"! I love that record, especially the track entitled Keep It Coming...funk at its best.

Don't hesitate to share all the infos that you think could be usefull to somebody wanting to record great guitar performances (in a hip hop context and in general).

Well, I have a few photos for you (and everybody else) of the guitar that was (most probably) used on the last record called "Grow Up" by Bishop Lamont.

So... what's your thoughts?

To me the guitar looks like a fairly new (post-2000) Fender Special Edition or Deluxe Stratocaster rather than a Gibson... It also looks like it is being recorded direct. However, me being close to a total newbie as far as guitars are concerned, I could be totally wrong though. I'll do my own researches on it if anybody hasn't come up with a suggestion by then.

Keep the great informations comming y'all
Hey AT..thats a FENDER BASS the guy is playing
On the Jones Girls it was all of the Philly International stuff such as Youre Gonna Make me Love Somebody Else..etc
Old 7th August 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Since if I won't say it, someone will

The acoustic re-played on All Falls Down was done by one of our GS members, Ken Lewis. He may well pop in this thread on his break or something.. he likes to be helpful and offer tid bits for us to chew on

Man, I need to start reading credits again...I'm as bad as the youthtutt
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
......anytime I get a chance to show off my Baritone I just cant say no...Here's my baby....ain't she gorgeous!: heh

Ahh yes, I've been working on a solid plan to build one of those bad boys for a long time. I believe thats the signature guitar of the player from Stained. Anyway I've been trying to source the bridge because it just works so much better with a baritone than a standard fixed bridge.

Sexy, Minimalistic neck through design. My plan is to do neck through but chambered with an ebony carved top. You have any reference recordings of it? I'd love to hear it.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

4) Which guitar model/brand would you recommend to somebody who is looking for the most versatile and relatively inexpensive (1000/1500$ max) solution to achieve the sound of guitars such as those found in the songs I have mentioned

Thanks for your time
2) chances are, 90% of hip hop guitar is recorded direct into something like Amp Farm or Amplitube (i just got Amplitube 2, which sounds great and is very versatile). some people probably still take the time to mic up an amp, but its probably rare. Most of the time i go direct. For the Donnie Klang album (pop / R&B) that i just played on, i used an amp. most of the other recent R&B / Hip Hop stuff, i have been using Amplitube 2

4) I use a Line 6 Variax modeling guitar, which i have to say is the F'ing BOMB. great guitar, well balanced, plays like a dream. stays in pretty good tune. sound versatility is out of this world. I have the top of the line model which lists for about $1600 and i grabbed mine on ebay for $900 w/soft case. The Variax wil give you so many different tone choices without touching your amp or amp simulator, its scarey. I have a strat, and a Les Paul, and a Dan Electro and i rarely play them anymore. Line 6 should frikin endorse me dammit!

Bass guitar. Havent played it but i imagine the Line 6 Bass Variax thing is pretty sick too.

Someone mentioned my guitars on "All Falls Down", that was a Nylon string Yamaha classical acoustic guitar mic'd with a Sony C800G into an Avalon 737

Acoustic guitars, unless you are going for that specific pickup sound should always be recorded with a microphone and not DI. DI acoustics sound like crap generally.

-Ken Lewis
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ahh yes, I've been working on a solid plan to build one of those bad boys for a long time. I believe thats the signature guitar of the player from Stained. Anyway I've been trying to source the bridge because it just works so much better with a baritone than a standard fixed bridge.

Sexy, Minimalistic neck through design. My plan is to do neck through but chambered with an ebony carved top. You have any reference recordings of it? I'd love to hear it.
Yeah that's the MMM-1. I love how timeless it looks. No trendy designs. I was never a Staind fan at all but the guitar is incredible. It has a 28" scale and because of the bridge, as soon as I change the strings, it almost immediately locks in tune. It doesn't take a few hours or days of playing for it to set in like most guitars. Because of the neck thru design, the sustain lasts for days and I tune down to drop A so the tone is HUGE.

You can check out a remix I did on my myspace page. myspace.com/iamnastyn8

Once my rock EP is done, I can let u hear that too if you want.

I also plan on building a baritone thru Warmoth. I's gonna be a natural wood stain, the fret board will be the same as this one with no inlays, arch top body and a bridge hopefully similar to the MMM-1. I don't think I will ever buy another guitar again though. I would rather build them to my own specifications. Put my own signature on it.heh
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Once my rock EP is done, I can let u hear that too if you want.

I also plan on building a baritone thru Warmoth. I's gonna be a natural wood stain, the fret board will be the same as this one with no inlays, arch top body and a bridge hopefully similar to the MMM-1. I don't think I will ever buy another guitar again though. I would rather build them to my own specifications. Put my own signature on it.heh
Deffinintly, appreciate.

Slightly OT but if you're thinking of building a guitar check out the Musical Instrument Makers Forum. Great info for building guitars.

You might want to warm up with an easier build if you haven't done much wood working, there's a lot of unforseen situations that come up when you build an instrument, much like DIY electronics.

Back on topic I HIGHLY reccomend the Softtube Vintage Amp Room Plugin if you go DI into a DAW. Amplitube sounds good and is very versatile but its so easy to get a great tone in the Vintage Amp Room quite quickly, especially if you dont know much about amps and effects.

@ Ken, back when I worked at GC I was constantly defending the variax, it's not a great live instrument, but its so versatile in the studio, I'd love to own one. Glad to hear praise from a user who understands its purpose.

Another thing that hasn't been brought in this thread is reamping. I haven't done it yet but running DI into a plug like amplitube and Reamping to a small Lowatt tube amp for that compression and ambience could be a fun trick as well, though i haven't had the chance to try it yet.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

I had an AWESOME guitar hand built for me by a fellow in Detroit.
Its a Tele style axe made of the finest woods and its the best axe that I have ever played and Im proud to be its owner.
I call her Honey..because of her beautiful honey toned finish.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

If Line 6 would ever make a baritone version of the Variax....i would be all over it. Or better yet, just sell the modeling electronics so i can install it on my guitar....kinda like the Roland VG unit. That would rule.
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I had an AWESOME guitar hand built for me by a fellow in Detroit.
Its a Tele style axe made of the finest woods and its the best axe that I have ever played and Im proud to be its owner.
I call her Honey..because of her beautiful honey toned finish.

There is a world of difference between a hand built guitar and the (excuse me) mediocre crap guitar companys put out today.

Wood selection is the most vital part of building a guitar and paying close attention to grain patterns, age and source are something that cannot be accomplished in modern mass production.

You are a lucky man sir.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
There is a world of difference between a hand built guitar and the (excuse me) mediocre crap guitar companys put out today.

Wood selection is the most vital part of building a guitar and paying close attention to grain patterns, age and source are something that cannot be accomplished in modern mass production.

You are a lucky man sir.
Thanks JG.
Ive got a second one coming..kind of like a PRS with three gold pickups, loads of tone variations and its ...purple, to match my studio.(smile)
The woods are lovely...cant wait.

Dont think that it would work on a Dre session though

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search