The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Single Part 1 B. Cox and Adonis Creating her first single Dynamics Plugins
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

did i mention i love monica? i find a lil hood sexy... gotta be a rider

next time we have rocko in, im gonna try and find out how the marriage is going (it looks pretty good)...

lol
Old 7th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Lol!!! "ghettouttahere!!!!
I love when Cox plays her the first beat, and she all hoochie on him:

Do you think that sound like me? I Don't!!!!

LOL, I actually recorded it it was so good!
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

beat was too ahead of her time anyway. She still stuck in the same old boring trending playout ish. Not to say she didn't do a good job it's just the same old shyt
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Kelly View Post

I havent finished the whole episode but from what I saw my favorite part in that scene was when she goes "I dunno some of these beats are weird, they sound like techno" lol.
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
I havent finished the whole episode but from what I saw my favorite part in that scene was when she goes "I dunno some of these beats are weird, they sound like techno" lol.
Hmm... maybe our marriage wouldnt work out then. I'm a little "next year" ...

Dammit, there's always a catch.
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Maybe .. she should change her name to La Quita!!

True story..

One time when I was in ATL, we were on our way to the studio and I was joking about "La Quita"
I said that I bet that when we went thru the drive thru, that 10-1 someone named La Quita works there.
So when we drove thru, the guy asked if La Quita was there....so the girl at the window said.. "nah..she not here tonight..she back workin tomorrow mornin!"
Old 7th August 2008
Quote:
Dude, don't draw attention!! I recorded that too, and totally intend to use it.. so all you bitin' faggots back down, I got this one!!
Old 7th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by irthwirm View Post
beat was too ahead of her time anyway. She still stuck in the same old boring trending playout ish. Not to say she didn't do a good job it's just the same old shyt
Im witcha partna.. when that joint came in (same with the second Cox joint tho) I started singin to myself.. always a good sign
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeusthewhizkid View Post
dont forget the playing of the invisibile keyboards while your tracks are playing on the big speakers with the head nod.... Makes your track that much hotter lol....
hahahha *thats* so me
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymission View Post
i just watched the whole thing, i didnt want to but couldnt help it. pretty good... some funny "producer" moments as well. good video work.

she looks too much like my ex (black version?!) who keeps hitting me up now ... i swoon monica lol

She's hot my dude.
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
I mean its different when its a hip-hop session or a club banger. Neither of which it was. It just seemed like they asked B Cox to over-react in my opinion.

One thing I don't get is people think just cause a track is uptempo its gonna knock in the clubs- I've heard so many producers be like this a track for the club and its far far from. Like what DJ would play that beat in a club?
You don't get it because you've never been to doppler studios and seen the main monitors "MAKE" someones head bob like that. LOL...
When I get to that b. cox level you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be on the tube bobbin my head till it falls of all the way to the bank. Then I'll come on GS and laugh as everyone picks me apart. Now thats what I call sucess.

But on the real though, Its hard to tell from that video if the first track he played was bangin or not. The drums might have been poundin you never know. The reality of the game is nobody knows whats going to be a hit. I've been involved in projects that the label, producer, me, my momma, and everyone else "knew" was gonna tank "BUT" itwent platinum. I have also worked on projects that everyone thought were "great" and "cutting edge" and yet it bricked.
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymission View Post
did i mention i love monica? i find a lil hood sexy... gotta be a rider

next time we have rocko in, im gonna try and find out how the marriage is going (it looks pretty good)...

lol
Now thats what I'm talkin bout. Monica been on my list every since her and brandy did "The Boy is Mine". It must be an ATL thing a lil hood comes in handy in the right situations.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKG Productions View Post
Now thats what I'm talkin bout. Monica been on my list every since her and brandy did "The Boy is Mine". It must be an ATL thing a lil hood comes in handy in the right situations.
damn right homie!! she gotta be able to hold her own... gotta be a boss to ride with one heh
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dude, don't draw attention!! I recorded that too, and totally intend to use it.. so all you bitin' faggots back down, I got this one!!
Sh*t...All ready two steps ahead of you homie..lol..
Old 8th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilts27 View Post
Sh*t...All ready two steps ahead of you homie..lol..
Ya, but do ya go tha techno to go with it is the question??
Old 8th August 2008
To bring this back to gear related discussion (and because I'm curious)

What is the mic they've recorded Monica on? (and Adonis for that matter)
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
To bring this back to gear related discussion (and because I'm curious)

What is the mic they've recorded Monica on? (and Adonis for that matter)

Looked like a m149 ..

Lavish
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

the first B.Cox beat sounded like a Dave Chappelle skit that went wrong.
the Stargate tracks was predictable from the first beat.
the Adonis demoed track was another prime example of that "2nd, maybe 3rd single" material (how is a song supposed to survive in this hook driven world, when it sounds like a way too long bridge?)

oh, and Monica is hot. MILF material.
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think it made Monica look like a stupid ****in bitch... And unattractive.
what a rude thing to say, i hope rocko doesnt read gs, lol
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaestro View Post
what a rude thing to say, i hope rocko doesnt read gs, lol
Haha I was in a particularly volatile mood. I do believe that though.
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

stargate creates trend records, you know those irreplaceables, Neyo style stracks however, this track that b.cox and adonis created, is a nice single to bring monica back into her music thing....She stated in the earlier vids that she didnt wanna follow a trend, but who did she go to,"StarGate".
Well anywho i love the record, i hope monica does well reviving her music career...
Old 9th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Haha I was in a particularly volatile mood. I do believe that though.
i think many of us have seen *MUCH* worse behavior than that ...

she's an artist, she's passionate whether you think she's wrong or right.

that's how stuff gets.
Old 9th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Any alternative links (youtube & co) to watch the FULL episodes of the making of Monica's single?

That dimewars website won't let me watch them for some odd reason...
Old 10th August 2008
Lives for gear

whos that big dude thats always w cox?
Old 10th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by irthwirm View Post
Cox is just passionate about his music. Tell me you don't get like that or that excited on some of your joints. It's probably one of the reason he's where he's at cause of the passion and how his creation of joints get his energy juiced.
AGREED!!
Old 10th August 2008
Kip
Gear Head

yeah the vids dont play for some reason.. anyone?
Old 10th August 2008
Gear Maniac

I live outside of the usa... do you Kip?

Maybe it has something to do with that, which would be really dumb. Europe haters...
Old 10th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune Prophet View Post
I live outside of the usa... do you Kip?

Maybe it has something to do with that, which would be really dumb. Europe haters...
It was a lot of work for me to watch them.. I had to restart and skip ahead like 1000 times. If I wasn't sick with nothin else to do, I would've never seen them.

DimeWars sight plain sucks.
Old 10th August 2008
Lives for gear

videos working for me.

Monica did let the hood side out....LOL heh But it was cool to watch. I wish B.Cox would finish the STUDIO EXPOSED series.

heh btw--- more crazy HEAD BOOB sheeeet YouTube - MAKING THE BAND 4- SPOOF (PART 4)
Old 11th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umlaaat View Post
whos that big dude thats always w cox?
hey i think that's his manager or something. I believe he name is boxie or something like that. I think he plays bass too. He was on the studio exposed series doing a track with bilal....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search