The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Just Blaze Rips Akai and The MPC5000 A New One Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 27th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illbeats View Post
Sorry to bump up a old thread. But that fact is it comes up when you google the MPC 5000 and is helping spread old info on the MPC 5000
Everything Just Blaze ranted about was fixed and even improved on with OS2.0
Here is a video pointing out every bone Just Blaze had to pick with his early adopted MPC 5k and showing you have it was fixed and improved on.
Link: ‪Video reply to Just Blaze`s MPC 5000 rant (Video proof of everything fixed and upgraded)‬‏ - YouTube
Nice video information, thanks for posting.

P.S. I still dont think Akai software compares with the JJOS 2 on my MPC-1000.....Lol.
Peace & blessings.
Old 27th July 2011
Lives for gear

You guys are sleepin... I just sold my mpc 3000 kept the 5000. I think the bug thing is overhyped, mine is pretty solid.
Old 27th July 2011
Gear Addict

tutt

Old 27th July 2011
Quote:
Sorry to bump up a old thread. But that fact is it comes up when you google the MPC 5000 and is helping spread old info on the MPC 5000
Here is a video pointing out every bone Just Blaze had to pick with his early adopted MPC 5k and showing you have it was fixed and improved on.
Link: ‪Video reply to Just Blaze`s MPC 5000 rant (Video proof of everything fixed and upgraded)‬‏ - YouTube

Thanks for posting. It's about time that obsolete info from Just Blaze's rant gets corrected. Whenever some clueless guy mentions JB's rant to show the shortcomings of the MPC 5000, it seems to me like someone's dissing Windows 7 while referring to Win 95 error massages
MPC 5K OS 2 is solid. Of course there's always room for improvement like with all software/firmware and Akai was much too quiet after OS 2.0 came out.
But according to Akai Pro's twitter an update for the 5K "is a work in progress" and "something [their] engineers are working on at the moment"...
Old 27th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Were you not alive when 2.0 hit+ This topic was discussed to death.
Old 27th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bee View Post
tutt

Yeah usually if your electronics get burned in a electrical storm something gets damaged. lol Here is a post from Ritec prior to that. Yes I had a little chat with Ritec. Im guessing he didnt mention that to most people so he could still use a warranty.

RITEC:
"Tonight when i came back home I saw a ceiling lamp in my house had actually burned up and it was on the floor all charcoaled up. Apparently we had a power surge while I was out.... luckily the house did not burn down phewww.

Unfortunately I had left my MPC 5k on because I was working on some projects and even though the MPC was still on and working when I got back home the Screen seemed to be off... it does not light up anymore....

I can see a very faint image on the MPC5000 screen if I look very hard so I know it still works but I can't see the bright image I used to see...bascially the backlight burned up with the power surge and the screen is basically unusable.

What should I do? the machine should still be under warranty, I bought it from American Musical Supply - Musical Instrument Store, Guitars, Amplifiers, Drums, PA Systems, Keyboards . Should i send it there, should I send it to Akai. or how can I fix it? I hope I'm not **** out of luck.

Oh well Got to look at the bright side, my house is fine and my roommates are fine as well... could have been much much worse.

thanks in advanced".
Old 27th July 2011
Lives for gear

^If its under warranty definitely send it in, if not try getting a new backlight for it. I dont think they are very expensive and you should be able to put it in yourself.

Also try a different outlet. It could be that outlet just burned out and its dim because its only getting half the power it should or something. Do other things work in that outlet?
Old 27th July 2011
Lives for gear

G, I think you misunderstood. He had a power surge at his house.
Old 29th July 2011
Gear Addict

after reading lots of posts in different forums since the 5000's birth, i realized that nothin i would say was gonna convince the masses what i knew all along.. the 5000 was a VERY good machine, and has the potential to be the best MPC ever!!! the prob with the public is that they (some of u guys) are zombies to a big name's opinion... the 5000 gives u not only built in sounds, but all types of LFO knobs to manipulate those sounds... ive been doin that with the RS7000 for 10 yrs... Akia tried to answer the RS with the MFC42 analog filter, but failed due to the price, and no one wanted it... they didnt understand what its use would be for... with the 5000 (almost 10 yrs later) u have the oppurtunity to NEVER use another piece of equipment for ANYTHING, except to track down ur mixes... those knobs and filters give u an edge over ALL samplers... u can manipulate internal sounds and external samples, and TOTALLY disguise ur sounds... only the RS (and Reason, which came later) was able to do that extensively, with the MC909 coming in second... we've been in this game too long to not know that OS updates were gonna come out and fix things, but everyone was ready to junk the 5000 bcuz of ONE man.

zombies

da relic
Old 29th July 2011
Here for the gear

Lololol @ just blaze using 96 samples to "make" song cry, and it still sounds like a speeded up version of the original lololololololllllllll

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search