The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Just Blaze Rips Akai and The MPC5000 A New One Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 4th August 2008
  #61
LOL he (Just Blaze) should've read gearslutz. I remember reading a couple of good posts about it. Very clear pros and contras.
Old 4th August 2008
  #62
Lives for gear
 

i know he's just getting some **** off his chest but how about checking stuff out before you buy it or... RETURNING the damn thing?
Old 4th August 2008
  #63
Gear Addict
 
1ManBand's Avatar
 

u think just blaze is gonna stop by a guitar center and play with it? lol.. that dood probably has his black card number stored into google autofill and presses buy.
Old 4th August 2008
  #64
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManBand View Post
u think just blaze is gonna stop by a guitar center and play with it? lol.. that dood probably has his black card number stored into google autofill and presses buy.
that's my point.
he should just shut it, nobody forced him to buy it.
Old 4th August 2008
  #65
Gear Addict
 
1ManBand's Avatar
 

he has a right to review it just like any other customer.
Old 4th August 2008
  #66
Lives for gear
 

nevermind.
Old 4th August 2008
  #67
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

I am really tryin to justify a 5k over a 4k purchase, but it really doesnt seem feasible
Old 4th August 2008
  #68
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
I am really tryin to justify a 5k over a 4k purchase, but it really doesnt seem feasible
akai has addressed many of the things Jus was complaining about in their first o/s update. I remember the 4k was terrible when they first released it. it took akai a few o/s updates to get that worked out as well.

akai should not release products before they r ready.
Old 4th August 2008
  #69
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
I found your myspace page pretty easily. heh Which reminds me.... How was George Clinton the last time you worked with him? I am good friends with his tour manager (Alan) so anytime him or Bootsy come around the Southeast area, I'm always there partying with those guys......
GC is great..he's like my olderbruthafrumanuthermutha...
The cd promises to be very different than what one would expect..some of the guests are Carlos Santana,Sly Stone,El Debarge,RZA,Red Hot Chilli Peppers,Kim Burrell and more.
Quite ecclectic Id say,but hey..its GC after all.
Every time he came here to record, it was quite the experience.
One night,it just happened to be after a gig they did here in Philly and my joint was hoppin.
Garry Shider was in "rare form" as usual.
Old 4th August 2008
  #70
Gear Maniac
 

akai should hire JJ
Old 4th August 2008
  #71
Lives for gear
 
Traxx's Avatar
 

Actually Just Blaze does stop by Sam Ashes in New York New Jersey and he does check things out like a regular customer. One thing about dude that most ppl don't know is, he really is like a regular person. He's one of the few ppl in this business that is not stuck on himself because of who he is and what he has done..
Old 4th August 2008
  #72
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxx View Post
actually just blaze does stop by sam ashes in new york new jersey and he does check things out like a regular customer. One thing about dude that most ppl don't know is, he really is like a regular person. He's one of the few ppl in this business that is not stuck on himself because of who he is and what he has done..
exactly!
Old 4th August 2008
  #73
Lives for gear
 

don't get me wrong.
i think he's a cool guy as well.
well, judging from the footage i've seen at least.
Old 4th August 2008
  #74
Gear Addict
 
frank lyon's Avatar
 

In all of the interviews and all of the vids I've seen of Just Blaze, the only adjectives I use to describe him are "Gentleman", "Music Scholar" and "Good Man".

The guy is a class act.
Old 4th August 2008
  #75
Lives for gear
 
ryst's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
GC is great..he's like my olderbruthafrumanuthermutha...
The cd promises to be very different than what one would expect..some of the guests are Carlos Santana,Sly Stone,El Debarge,RZA,Red Hot Chilli Peppers,Kim Burrell and more.
Quite ecclectic Id say,but hey..its GC after all.
Every time he came here to record, it was quite the experience.
One night,it just happened to be after a gig they did here in Philly and my joint was hoppin.
Garry Shider was in "rare form" as usual.
Garry is crazy....but a cool dude to party with!!! heh

Sounds like a cool record. I can only imagine your spot with the whole crew there.....heh
Old 4th August 2008
  #76
Gear Maniac
 

Well, as a complete newcomer, my only question for Phillysoulman is this: are we "speaking" to Mr. Gamble or Mr. Huff?heh

Not to be rude or impertinent, but he didn't say which founder of TSOP he was...
Old 4th August 2008
  #77
Lives for gear
 
jbuehler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilaw View Post
Well, as a complete newcomer, my only question for Phillysoulman is this: are we "speaking" to Mr. Gamble or Mr. Huff?heh

Not to be rude or impertinent, but he didn't say which founder of TSOP he was...
Not to get involved with any of the BSing going on in this thread but I have to flag this as a very suspicious first post.
Old 4th August 2008
  #78
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuehler View Post
Not to get involved with any of the BSing going on in this thread but I have to flag this as a very suspicious first post.
Define "suspicious". Are you thinking I am some established user's sock puppet? Um...not! I use this ID all over the Internet, same e-mail addy and everything. You can find me over at KVR, as well as on various 3d-graphics-related sites (I've been doing CG a lot longer than doing the bedroom studio thing). Google "jedilaw" and "star destroyer" or "greebles" if you feel the need.

Or did you mean suspicious in some other way? I must admit to a certain amount of morbid curiosity as to what in the world you could have concluded from so short a message.
Old 4th August 2008
  #79
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilaw View Post
Well, as a complete newcomer, my only question for Phillysoulman is this: are we "speaking" to Mr. Gamble or Mr. Huff?heh

Not to be rude or impertinent, but he didn't say which founder of TSOP he was...

he's neither. check previous posts for the myspace
Old 5th August 2008
  #80
Lives for gear
 
jbuehler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilaw View Post
Define "suspicious". Are you thinking I am some established user's sock puppet? Um...not!
By suspicuious I meant exactly what you thought.
Old 5th August 2008
  #81
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
Garry is crazy....but a cool dude to party with!!! heh

Sounds like a cool record. I can only imagine your spot with the whole crew there.....heh
Quite a time indeed..all love and fun.
I didnt have any ox tails for Garry though(smile)
Old 5th August 2008
  #82
Lives for gear
 

Everything Just Blaze has written in his blog can be found all over the internet..specifically, the MPC 5000 Forum. But it is actually cool for the MPC 5000 to get this kind of press. Even bad press is good publicity. Just like every MPC before it (including its clone the MV), an OS update will include bug fixes and new features. Everybody will be glued to their computer checking out what Akai does next with the OS updates.

In regards to the MPC 2500.....it is just an MPC 1000 in a larger box. The MPC 5000 is what Akai should have done in the first place. I am glad it has finally arrived. I really enjoy using it.
Old 6th August 2008
  #83
Gear Nut
 
Family Grind's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscarbones View Post
akai should hire JJ
JJ used to work for them. He was a top programmer there. I just loaded the OS 1 & 2 on my 2500 and couldn't be happier. AKAI really needs to listen to their customer. Especially someone like JB. He make hits with their stuff.
Old 6th August 2008
  #84
Gear Addict
 

jj should neva go back to akai. he should keep doing hes thing im sure he makes more than enough money. think of it if he went to akai they would control what he does and what he puts into it, hence u wont get such cool new features cause right now jj has freedom to make it hot.
Old 6th August 2008
  #85
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Grind View Post
JJ used to work for them. He was a top programmer there. I just loaded the OS 1 & 2 on my 2500 and couldn't be happier. AKAI really needs to listen to their customer. Especially someone like JB. He make hits with their stuff.
JB isn't the only person that makes hits with Akai products. There are producers that have used MPCs longer than him and have a track record of hits that is more extensive than his. While JB uses an MPC 4000 (the greatest MPC in his eyes), others are doing great things with the MPC 2000, 2500, and 3000. Somebody needs to tell him that Kanye is sh!ttin on him with his MPC 2000
Old 6th August 2008
  #86
Lives for gear
 
tonymission's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
JB isn't the only person that makes hits with Akai products. There are producers that have used MPCs longer than him and have a track record of hits that is more extensive than his. While JB uses an MPC 4000 (the greatest MPC in his eyes), others are doing great things with the MPC 2000, 2500, and 3000. Somebody needs to tell him that Kanye is sh!ttin on him with his MPC 2000
No one is placing tracks with a 1000 tho ... lol
Old 6th August 2008
  #87
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx View Post
Actually Just Blaze does stop by Sam Ashes in New York New Jersey and he does check things out like a regular customer. One thing about dude that most ppl don't know is, he really is like a regular person. He's one of the few ppl in this business that is not stuck on himself because of who he is and what he has done..


So true. That guy is mad nice. And yes he is like a regular guy. He stays on the low tho cause obviously who he is. But yeah he did a mad nice guy. Mad smart too. Also i do think it would be in their interest to get Just to help them with the next mp. Sheit if he actually designed it i would most likely buy it lol
Old 6th August 2008
  #88
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop7ca View Post
So true. That guy is mad nice. And yes he is like a regular guy. He stays on the low tho cause obviously who he is. But yeah he did a mad nice guy. Mad smart too. Also i do think it would be in their interest to get Just to help them with the next mp. Sheit if he actually designed it i would most likely buy it lol
I'd buy the next MPC if Akai partnered with Kanye or the Neptunes...
Old 7th August 2008
  #89
Lives for gear
 
Versatile255's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymission View Post
No one is placing tracks with a 1000 tho ... lol

yeah they do cool n dre have used a 1000 couple of times havent they and theyve been placing alot of records laltely, also disco d used a 1000 and he placed records. like someone said kanye is using his 2000. preety sure dre swizz or blaze him self could make hits on a 1000 is just a 3000 or 4000 makes it easier for them more convient with there work flow.
Old 7th August 2008
  #90
Lives for gear
 
tonymission's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile255 View Post
yeah they do cool n dre have used a 1000 couple of times havent they and theyve been placing alot of records laltely, also disco d used a 1000 and he placed records. like someone said kanye is using his 2000. preety sure dre swizz or blaze him self could make hits on a 1000 is just a 3000 or 4000 makes it easier for them more convient with there work flow.
i was being sarcastic ... chris and i both have 1000s and it hasnt slowed us down at all.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
musaee / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
7
ToneCre8 / Product Alerts older than 2 months
20
soundman76 / Gear free zone - shoot the breeze
3
Killah_Trakz / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
3
genericperson / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
26

Forum Jump
Forum Jump