The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trigger finger or Mpd 16?
Old 17th February 2008
Trigger finger or Mpd 16?

My days of mp's are officially over..... and I will never go back to 1 ever. Logic & B3 4 life. Should I get the trigger finger or mpd 16. I know all bout the mpd 24 but i have the axiom and want something to interface with battery 3 perfect!

Ohhh yeah... YOU DONT NEED NO DAMNED MPC TO MAKE HIPHOP! P.S. WHO CARES IF THE MP3 IS LO-RES... CHOP THAT SH*T. WANT PROOF CHECK>>>>>MySpace.com - Killah Trakz - Homeless, Florida - Hip Hop / Rap / Other - www.myspace.com/ktrakz
Old 17th February 2008
Gear Head

I got a padkontrol and the pads kill the mpd16. I hated the 16 so much that I gave it away. Also, it's not compatible with vista and akai aren't planning on making it so anytime soon.
Old 17th February 2008
Gear Addict
I'd go TF, ofcourse having one my opinion is biased, but hey the TF smokes it (the 16) feature wise.
You have 16 banks to work with in the TF, only 2 in the mpd16, and 4 in the mpd24, or 32.
The pads of the TF can be assigned to cc changes too by the way.

Now the mpd24 had the lcd vs. led advantage, and it looks nice, but the pads can't be assigned to cc's. If the issue with cc's is no issue for you, then you might like the mpd24 better, but it is $50 more.
The padkontrol has the best rep for pad sensitivity though so if the flashing lights don't bother you, then give that one a good look.
The 16 is notoriously buggy on XP, and dosen't even work with vista by the way.
Old 17th February 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Trigger Finger. Once you get your head around the Enigma editing software, you can do some cool programming with it. I program all my drums with it and the sensitivity of the pads is great. I will play the track "live" and then go in and do any corrections through midi.
For rock I use it with DFHS, EZ Drummer, BFD and Pro Tools. For Hip Hop I use Battery and Ableton Live. No complaints at all.
Here for the gear

In your case... Trigger Finger... much more control than the 16.
However, the padKontrol is a MUCH better piece than both.

ITs has the square triggers under the pads as opposed to the circular pads like the MPD, which makes accuracy a little easier
The lights are cool too!

Cheers!
Lives for gear

I have used all of the pad controllers except for the mpd32. The 16 was my favorite by far followed by the 24. The MPK49 is a solid controller also. One thing I will say about the 16 tho is if u r going to use it get a midi cable and plug the unit to ur wall. The usb drivers on it suck and thats the reason why the mpd16 has such a bad rep. If u don't use the usb port it will work flawlessly. Have had mine for 2 years
Lives for gear

my $0.02....had the mpd16, wasn't too impressed. i'd rather have a padkontrol. square sensors are nicer.
Gear Maniac

I went backwards. Had a trigger finger, wore out 2 of the pads. So i got an MPC
The programming was actually pretty good though, if i stayed with Battery i'd roll with a trigger finger again.
Old 18th February 2008 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I have the mpd 16 and it works perfect. No problems here with the drivers.
Old 19th February 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear
One prob with 24, is that you have to jam the pads mad hard to get full velocity no matter what setting you put in. The vel curve option in the menu seems useless to me. I always end up tuning up the sample level in Battery, but I don't always want to do that.
Old 19th February 2008 | Show parent
TTB

+1 for padKontrol. More flexibility than the others, Pads are nice, & you gotta love the touch pad for Rolls, Flams, Etc.
Old 19th February 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_Trakz View Post
My days of mp's are officially over..... and I will never go back to 1 ever. Logic & B3 4 life. Should I get the trigger finger or mpd 16. I know all bout the mpd 24 but i have the axiom and want something to interface with battery 3 perfect!
[/url]
Well im back to the mpc sorry for the waste of post space.
Old 20th February 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_Trakz View Post
Well im back to the mpc sorry for the waste of post space.
TRADER

lol what made u go back
Lives for gear

got my mpd16 for $25 used from a GC employee.

i like it,..it was $25 bucks man,...lol
but at regular cost.
get the triggerfinger.
i'm about to sell my 16 to try and either the 24 or a TF.

although to be honest with you,...
when i'm in a bigger room with a sub-snake and the I/O i still use the 500XL religiously.
as soon as my home setup allows for the MPC i will be buying my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabiton View Post
TRADER

lol what made u go back
well an mpc for 400 1st, 2nd i can use it as a controller, 3rd I can get a Hd and run out the house and sample from my boys lab.
Lives for gear

sounds like a mpc 1000? i fear the pads. idk tho I figure why use a new mpc when its going to sound just like a computer. Id rather get a 2000xl or prior
📝 Reply