The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Well since I been to Texas lets see, sorry Mike Dean...
Old 23rd October 2007
Gear Addict

Texas lets see, sorry Mike Dean...

Mike sorry man, no deal on those NS10s, moving company dropped em and cracked the whole top left of the speakerboxxx .... my bad didnt wanna leave u hangin since i havent been able to email u back...

For all my otha slutz in Texas I just wanna say ya'll got sum big a** bugs man I almost got eaten by a spider two days ago lol

But I've done two tracks so far since I been here using the MV as my main sequencer, I said I'd post some samples when I got internet setup. I just put them up on the myspace link below...
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

Welcome to tha Lone Star State. What part of Texas?
Old 23rd October 2007
Gear Addict

Thanx Pimp I'm in San Antonio... What part u in ? Can u share anything about the scene out here or any tips, no-nos or spots to stay away from etc...
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

you finally moved huh hows it going so far. go to say damn that track is fire dont know what you layere that brass with but damn fire like the change up on the verse too and that bay bay track on ur myspace is fire too fire club rnb joint or rap shorty joint.
Old 23rd October 2007
Gear Addict

preciate it versai... thats a juno 106 all day no layering at all n its not even mixed thats directly from the MV to cd I think wit fx that brass is goin be ridiculous... yea man I finally made it out here man its crazy going from flat lands to hills n ish everywhere Im not used to all this woodsy stuff Im feeling it so far tho man just been trying to take my production up anotha notch since im not the big fish in the small pond like I was in Tampa...
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

juno 106 huh damn wat is it wit everyone lately i been hearing lots of stuff out that thing lately round here you mike dean on stronger gonna have to try one of them things.thats a preset or no i thought you had layered or fx but na thats crazy.hold im listenin now is that just one sound or a synth and a brass you played because it sound like the brass actually has that sound.
Old 23rd October 2007
Gear Maniac

Texas does have some big bugs, I was in the Air Force Training base outside of it, and I saw a dragon fly the size of a bird...and had to do push-ups for dodging it

I was in Lackland and why does the radio station in San Antonio always play that song "Lean like a Chulo"
Old 23rd October 2007
Gear Addict

yea i think everyone n their mama uses a juno 106 umm its basically a couple of the brass sounded patches on top of each other at different pitches n the intro voice sample is from an old school 80s video game...

the 2nd beat on the myspace is all MV too it has guns loading as the hi hats I recorded myself making a popping sound with my mouth n spliced in random recordings of my noisy ass ac n me brushing my clothes and wrinkling plastic bags as the in between noises recorded directly into the MV, bass is from mo phatt...
Old 23rd October 2007
Gear Addict

Lol Yea I seen one of those things man u aint lying man haha I heard they even have locust storms where like the whole town gets engulfed in black locust I think dude was jokin until I seen a whole building covered in em wow blew my mind...

Yea I dont get the whole Lean like a chulo thing eitha man like they play that Crank Dat Spiderman which I neva heard on da radio n freaking every song has a spanish remix from a local garbage spanish rapper lol Its a different world out here when I saw a group of wasps attack a snake I almost lost it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Powell. View Post
Texas does have some big bugs, I was in the Air Force Training base outside of it, and I saw a dragon fly the size of a bird...and had to do push-ups for dodging it

I was in Lackland and why does the radio station in San Antonio always play that song "Lean like a Chulo"
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

My brother is in the military down there and i go down there all the time, only 6 hrs away,welcome to texas, go grab a shiner bock and head out to austin and party. nice track by the way.
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

Hahaaaa I'm in H-Town but I'm originally from Dallas. I've only visited San Antonio so I've only seen the better side of that. Yea u're gonna hear a lot of Mexican rap here. You'll learn the ropes pretty quick tho, well I do. I go to a place and quickly find out the places not to go or things not to do by making the mistakes of going there or doing that.

Lol @ .Powell. yea those drangon flies could be good target practice.
Old 23rd October 2007
Gear Addict

thanx pimp lol... Whats a "Shiner Bock" lol Yea Im definately gonna hit austin up as well I hear theres a good supply of musicians out here... I gotta find a session player asap so im gonna go out there this weekend n see what up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
My brother is in the military down there and i go down there all the time, only 6 hrs away,welcome to texas, go grab a shiner bock and head out to austin and party. nice track by the way.
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

shiner bock is beer
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikkyboy11 View Post
shiner bock is beer

http://www.allaboutbeer.com/style/23.1-bock.html

Welcome to Texas!!!

You picked the right time of year to move here...the weather is nice....for now!!

Drive to Shiner TX and take the tour of the Brewery. Its pretty fun and you get to sample all kinds of beer that they make!!
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

lol, shiner and salsa is the best thing texas has going for it! mexican food anywhere else is a joke (besides mexico, duh)!!!!
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

sorry dog, but its the EP that has the best mexican food!
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

E.P. as in El Paso, Texas. Haha best mexican food.
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

heh
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikkyboy11 View Post
E.P. as in El Paso, Texas. Haha best mexican food.
i'll give props to anywhere on I-10 between the borders! heh
Old 23rd October 2007
Gear Addict

(taking notes) Let's see here ok brewery getting drunk for free check"shiner bock = beer" mexican food, el paso, WAIT!!! What do u mean great weather "for now" fill me in lol

What are the big clubs, shows, etc where I can get up to network with artists in the area, I kno San Antonios not gonna have em but ie Houston, Austin, Dallas etc...

These beats dont sell themselves n I havent been having much luck so far in San Antonio, doesnt seem like the community here has any places for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
Bock

Welcome to Texas!!!

You picked the right time of year to move here...the weather is nice....for now!!

Drive to Shiner TX and take the tour of the Brewery. Its pretty fun and you get to sample all kinds of beer that they make!!
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

humidity is gonna kill you in the warmer part, and yeah im in El paso, love the weather here but the music scene is.......
Old 24th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riecespieces View Post
(taking notes) Let's see here ok brewery getting drunk for free check"shiner bock = beer" mexican food, el paso, WAIT!!! What do u mean great weather "for now" fill me in lol

What are the big clubs, shows, etc where I can get up to network with artists in the area, I kno San Antonios not gonna have em but ie Houston, Austin, Dallas etc...

These beats dont sell themselves n I havent been having much luck so far in San Antonio, doesnt seem like the community here has any places for that...
I used to live in SA Town. It's a huge city, there's more going on than you think there, I don't think that it's organized. There used to be a studio called Rhapsody there, over by Northstar. I got a boy Mad 1, and his crew they are performing on the regular, he was telling me about some cat called question MySpace.com - QUESTION? - San Antonio - Hip Hop / Rap / Soul - www.myspace.com/question.

Here's some links to some cats I know there:

MySpace.com - Fury - SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Hip Hop / Lyrical / Rap - www.myspace.com/furythepoet
MySpace.com - MAD-1 AKA M-WIGG(Y) - SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Hip Hop / Hip Hop / Hip Hop - www.myspace.com/mad1akamwiggy

I lived there for like 6 years, it's twice the size now!
Old 24th October 2007
Gear Addict

Im such an idiot... Duh myspace lol

thanks Illnoise
Old 24th October 2007
Lem
Here for the gear

i live in san antonio about 3 minutes from north star

lotta hot spots, just make sure you keep the radio off...its garbage

crystals(the club) is real tight, got a lot of big names through there, sunset station(downtown off commerce) full of clubs, rosedale park always has stuff goin on , like shows, some big names go there

at cristals, youll see more brothas, get money/gangsta music, more my type of scene. At rosedales, youll see the local mexican rap, but they do have big names show up...dont underestimate the mexicans out here, they are some crazy ass dudes

keep your eyes out on the highways, the construction in SA is the worst ive seen..the construction workers have to be drunk as shi* while working..some parts of the 410 and 281, you'll be thinking, do they seriously think this is safe? youll be literally inches from the wall..youll see what i mean

and the serial cat killer lol thats goin around, thats pretty sick

other than horrible traffic/highway construction, pretty tight city, i knew no one when i moved here, now i got a connect on every side of town

the dude question dude above me mentioned, he from here just got signed

Famous( you might now him as lil ken, hes from northwest SA) just got signed to chamillionaires label..

Austin really is the place to be for music...the city is too much damn fun, every night, i repeat every night, will be a tight show, and no not the radio garbage, real names.. last time i went to a show in ATX was boot kamp klick..used to stay off E riverside, dont go, worst part of town..check into Emos in austin

there are a lot of starving artists in SA, i meet new artists every week(myspace)..and if their good(listen to the songs on their page) do business, if their not, dont worry bout them..i have ran into one cat that was cool for a couple weeks, but never had the cash, and ended up bein a lame
Old 24th October 2007
Gear Addict

WOW!!!! Fuk this Im going back to Tampa lol

Trust me man u think ur radios wack come to Tampa man it dont get no worse than that...

Preciate u giving me the rundown on the to do and what not to do....

Thanks to all the otha Texas slutz too I appreciate the heads up on everything here n illnoise I just got a couple emails back thanx for ur help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lem View Post
i live in san antonio about 3 minutes from north star

lotta hot spots, just make sure you keep the radio off...its garbage

crystals(the club) is real tight, got a lot of big names through there, sunset station(downtown off commerce) full of clubs, rosedale park always has stuff goin on , like shows, some big names go there

at cristals, youll see more brothas, get money/gangsta music, more my type of scene. At rosedales, youll see the local mexican rap, but they do have big names show up...dont underestimate the mexicans out here, they are some crazy ass dudes

keep your eyes out on the highways, the construction in SA is the worst ive seen..the construction workers have to be drunk as shi* while working..some parts of the 410 and 281, you'll be thinking, do they seriously think this is safe? youll be literally inches from the wall..youll see what i mean

and the serial cat killer lol thats goin around, thats pretty sick

other than horrible traffic/highway construction, pretty tight city, i knew no one when i moved here, now i got a connect on every side of town

the dude question dude above me mentioned, he from here just got signed

Famous( you might now him as lil ken, hes from northwest SA) just got signed to chamillionaires label..

Austin really is the place to be for music...the city is too much damn fun, every night, i repeat every night, will be a tight show, and no not the radio garbage, real names.. last time i went to a show in ATX was boot kamp klick..used to stay off E riverside, dont go, worst part of town..check into Emos in austin

there are a lot of starving artists in SA, i meet new artists every week(myspace)..and if their good(listen to the songs on their page) do business, if their not, dont worry bout them..i have ran into one cat that was cool for a couple weeks, but never had the cash, and ended up bein a lame
Old 24th October 2007
Lives for gear

DON'T SLEEP ON SXSW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! south by southwest festivals + conferences it's in Austin. We got a Xbox Video Game plug, Shows, what I do on MTV now, all from going down there every year.

Sign ups are gonna end soon I think. At least send your 20 or 30 bucks and enter in and if they don't pick you, you can go up there and get a wrist band and get into all of the shows for a reduced price. We performed at Emo Jrs with Atmosphere a few years ago.

Main thing is that there are a lot of people that work at labels to connect with. I made connections there that I'm still talking to 7 years later.

Tee Double used to be a figure up there, don't know now. There's cats around!
Old 24th October 2007
Gear Maniac

I'm from Ohio and one thing I hated was the Texas summer, I'm use to 80 degree weather in the summer, it was 90 to 100 degrees everday..

Imagine being outside 12 hours a day, with BDU's (military uniform they use in war), I almost dehydrated, my urine was brown and ****, cause I didn't drink enough water
Old 24th October 2007
Gear Addict

Another gem... yeah im on it right now checking it out... Submissions look like theyre for bands tho when u submitted did u just send tracks ? Or songs u did with artists ?
Old 24th October 2007
Lives for gear

I submitted as a group, I knew they wouldn't pick me, but at least I got a discount on the badge and/or wrist band. Don't know if that's still in effect.
Old 24th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Powell. View Post
my urine was brown and ****, cause I didn't drink enough water
My dude that's called a kidney infection in most states. A little anti biotics woulda helped!

You out at camp bullis? My pops was out there trying to be a cop with snakes and mess.

Speaking of SA, anyone remember PKO? I used to work for them back in 91-93.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search