The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I'm Bored So I replaced all the Tact switches in my MPC......
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'm Bored So I replaced all the Tact switches in my MPC......

I have woundered why Making music has been so hard for me latley.

I have tried producing using Battery, Nuendo and some outboard gear.....

I made some beats but I didnt love them. The depth of sound and really the swing just wasnt the same.

Using my MP has just become a drag because I had to hit the buttons seriouly, 10 times to get it to react.

It was so F$%* up, it was like I was trapped.

and I didnt want to send my **** out to Forat to get it fixed, hes great and all but damn I havent been away from my baby since 1995.

so I gave up on the MP for a little while too....

Well I found a site that told me how to fix the button problem with my MPC-3000 and said F it, Imma try to do it myself.

After I opened my baby up and took everything out, I was like oh **** what have I done.

But I have been very careful, I'm taking my time and have only 12 Tact swicthes to go (out of 60).

I am pretty anal about **** so since I am doing it myself I can make sure its done right. It has been fun to do. The Tacts came overnight, and where only $14, (overnight shipping was costly but I wanted to get it done before I changed my mind).

I cant wait to start working again, Next I will install the OS 3.16 in ROM, and replace my Backlight, I took that apart too, its really not hard just takes time.

I emailed the company that sells it and they were cool too.

I will post my latest beat after I am done and let you know how it works.

but if I can do it anyone can do it. so all of you MPC users if you are having problems with your buttons the fix is not far away and easier than you think.

I just thought I would post my experiance because it took me forever to get help and it seemed like there was no hope for my MP.

but soon I will have a re-furbished MPC-3000 done by me!

Plus the new sound is going back to the old school sound the MPC can deliver.

Thanks for listening and I hope I can help someone else if you need!

Keep banging!
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I know how you feel its a nerve racking process. For me i had to do it myself, i needed my baby back in working concision ASAP, and i didnt have the money to pay someone to do it. up to that point i had built cables in about every configuration, modded a few mics, and done some recapping.

Just took my time and did it right. Nothing better then the feeling of accomplishing something yourself.

Once your done you will love the machine just a little more, not only because its working great again, but you had a major part in making it that way.

Props for doing it yourself man, peace

Rob

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search