The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NEED HELP WITH MY CAKEWALK SONAR DAW Software
Old 12th September 2007
Here for the gear

NEED HELP WITH MY CAKEWALK SONAR

hey i jus got cakewalk sonar 6 producer edition...everytime i open it a message says no midi outputs located this may prevent from hearing a playback.there is a window in which it says select midi outputs but there is nothing to select any help would be appreciated thanks.
Old 12th September 2007
Here for the gear

MOST EASY DAW

which DAW is the most easiest as far as a quick learning curve along with alot of possiblities?
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM9421 View Post
which DAW is the most easiest as far as a quick learning curve along with alot of possiblities?
I would say the free version of Cubase LE is a good place to start.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

A lot of possibilities typically = complex

Other then that I'd stick with Cubase or Sonar. Personally I use Nuendo and love it, but I've been using it for close to 7 or 8 years now so I'm familiar with it.

I would definately use a daw that has the feature set you want and stick with it! They all take some time to learn.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

sonar 6 pe

awsome program. one of the best in my opinion....my big fat opinion. hahahaha
ok dude . nothing to worry about.
my sonar says no creative midi devices when i start up and i dont have one thing sound blaster but i quickly close that. both messages that pop up untill you get to the quick start box. first thing you wana do is start a project and go into the audio setting of sonar under options at the top of the screen make sure you set sonar to 24 bit also make sure your asio drivers are selected to run sonar as well . once you do this you will need to close and reopen sonar before those changes will take place.
everytime i open sonar i get that dumb message that there are no midi devices. but i have a midid controller hooked up through usb so saonar picks it up just fine. it is probably a old devise you had on your cpu at one time
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM9421 View Post
don't you already have Sonar 6 as stated in your other post? stay with what ya got and learn it...and make sure you RTFM
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Head

Out of what I've used Fruity loops has definately had the quickest learning curve, and with version 7 it's got lots and lots of possibilities.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

If you purchased Sonar, then why don't use it and/or call tech support? Yet, you haven't said anything about your set up.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search