The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Single Slapback on Kicks Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 12th September 2007
Single Slapback on Kicks

What's Crackin' GS?

I was just f*cking around with this Kick I had while I was mixing a 2-bar loop I started in FL Studio. I wanted this kick just a tad more thicker than it was. I wanted to achieve this w/o really EQing' it. I started to experiment with different compressors ( Waves SSL & R Comp), but it wasn't really "doing it" for me.

After trial and error however, I stumbled upon using Waves SuperTap. Now I knew that previously when I wanted to give my snares a little more depth and 'oomph', I usually used this plugin with a 'slapback-like' setting. This time I tried it on the kick , and it apparently worked (with some tweaking).

My question is.. how many of you have ever tried this?
I'm just curious to know you guys' thoughts on this. Who knows.. I could be giving someone an alternative method to thicken up there kicks or snares and ****..

-Lehkz

Settings I used:
Attached Thumbnails
Single Slapback on Kicks-slap-setting.jpg  
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

try using a reverb instead. Set the decay time to relatively fast, and shave off some hi end on the reverb. Now pull out the pre-delay slowly and stop JUST before you can hear a 'slap back.' It will accomplish what your trying to do with the delay, except itll be smoother and you'll have a lot more control as u can play with the decay time and hi frequency cut-off.
Old 12th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterayok View Post
try using a reverb instead. Set the decay time to relatively fast, and shave off some hi end on the reverb. Now pull out the pre-delay slowly and stop JUST before you can hear a 'slap back.' It will accomplish what your trying to do with the delay, except itll be smoother and you'll have a lot more control as u can play with the decay time and hi frequency cut-off.

Nice bit of info.
Appreciate it...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search