The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Synth Alternative Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Synth Alternative

Looking for a nice analog synth keyboard but not too pricey. i was at gc the other day and i really likes the dave smith evolver but its out my budget and i reallt dont want to spend to much on one either. what type of analog synths are out there that sounds some like the evolver. what type of synths you guys like thats not to pricey any audio link would be nice to hear some of them if possible.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile255 View Post
Looking for a nice analog synth keyboard but not too pricey. i was at gc the other day and i really likes the dave smith evolver but its out my budget and i reallt dont want to spend to much on one either. what type of analog synths are out there that sounds some like the evolver. what type of synths you guys like thats not to pricey any audio link would be nice to hear some of them if possible.
Tricky...
Second hand you can get stuff like juno's etc but they won't do what an evolver does.
What budget? monophonic or polyphonic
good s/h budget synths are stuff like the Oberheim Matrix 6, Kawai SX240, Juno 60/106, Korg polysix etc..
New you are limited to mono stuff like the Moog little phatty or voyager, SE1x, or polysynths like the Omega 8 or Alesis Andromeda (and if I was buying, I'd check out the Dave Smith Prophet 08) but you will need a budget..
Good luck.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search