The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fantom s vs. Fantom x Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Fantom s vs. Fantom x

Whats some of the differences between the s and the x series im thinking od buying a new keyboard and i really want a fantom but sonce i could get the s for cheaper than the x im wondering whats the diferences and should i just wait it out and buy the x.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile255 View Post
Whats some of the differences between the s and the x series im thinking od buying a new keyboard and i really want a fantom but sonce i could get the s for cheaper than the x im wondering whats the diferences and should i just wait it out and buy the x.
im not sure about the difference, but i wanted to tell you i'm selling a fantom s-61 for $700 if your interested. It has 160mb of ram and i'm including a 128mb memory card.
holler if interested
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

i had a fantom s. liked it alot. from what i gathered the main diff is the color screen and the x had a really xtra nice piano sample.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

i have the fantom X running thru my Midi controller and into pro-tools.... Fantom is sick, but motif got the best synth sounds...
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

i got a motif i know love them syths.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

Fantom X has all the old Roland Synths in one unit.......plus the S is hard to look at.....after working on the X when i used my buddies S it sucked.....now im sure that if u start with the S its not so bad
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

i dont see how working on the x was great and the s sucked. the os and features is basically the same. was the color screen that much of a big deal?
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

Ya thats what im saying.....it was hard to look at for me coming from the X....like I said if u started with the S then its prob no biggie....plus the tilted screen is nice too....ne way...these are just minor things but the question was what r the Diff....in my opinion the X is the way to go....now i i kinda wish i would have gone with the Rack....Cuz its cheaper....i really dont use the Fantom to sample and i think the Pads suck....so I would really go with the XR......I have an X8 which was $3000 the weighted keys are nice but looking back i could have gotten a rack and a nice controller...used the extra cash for plugins or other toys
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

ok, i get ya...954..........................
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

i see the rack goes for like 1grand or 800 used id coulde get a x6 for like 1000-1300.by having old synths do you mean it had the jv 1080 jd990 juno etc.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Head

Yes
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

nice think im gonna gop wth x then.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Addict

fantm x has some newer sounds. you can import XV-5080 sounds into both units which is cool with the free editor librarian.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Head

they sell the upgrade roms for it...up to a gig expandable and its got the 8 audio tracks which is pretty nice...but def get the upgrade roms...i like it and u should be happy with it....Its def. the tweakers workstation so if u like playing with lfo,envelops,etc than u cant go wrong
Old 15th September 2007
Gear Addict

anyone know hot to mess with the portamento setting when u touch from key to key? The XR
Old 15th September 2007
Gear Head

well in the x8 u can do it from the advanced patch edit window or hit onne of the 2 assignable buttonns. press shift and one of the assignables and a pop up menu comes up....scroll till u reach portomento and there you go....XR i dunno never used it
Old 7th March 2017
Here for the gear

Hey .. I was wondering if the fantom s and fantom x can share the same samples? .. I've seen that their are sample sounds you can buy off eBay for the fantom x but nome for the fantom s. Cam they read the same formats? Thanks
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

color screen, not much more. Maybe a few more kits, but pretty much the same as the S. Still use mine everyday for 14 years now!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search