The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Panning in Logic question
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Panning in Logic question

I jumped from Cool Edit to Logic Pro

and when I make my own drums in Cool edit, I would load a drum sound twice into two seperate tracks, pan one to the left and the other to the right. Next I would save the file as a wav file, open it in Cool Edit and layer it with some 808's and other drums so I can make my own drum then save it as a wav.

now my question is this how do I panning ?

Also I often use the piano roll to change the key of my drums, how would I do this also. I opened the Matrix Editor like the manual said but when I hit the key I don't hear anything

How would I do this also?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Also I often use the piano roll to change the key of my drums, how would I do this also. I opened the Matrix Editor like the manual said but when I hit the key I don't hear anything

Panning = Move the Pan button from left to right ( should do it ) The round knob above everychannel.

The Pianoroll is used for midi so are your drums in midi ?In other words are there in a Sampler/VST i ? for example ESX24 / Stylus / EZ Drummer ?
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

nope, I am just trying to put them in a different key
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
nope, I am just trying to put them in a different key
Yes but how do you play the samples ?
Thru a external sampler / Internal Sampler / Vst Instrument or do you just paste the dirrectly to the arrange window ?
The Piano roll doesn´t handle audiofiles , n if you use a sampler your pitchshifting abilities are in there.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I dont sample at all
Old 16th September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
I jumped from Cool Edit to Logic Pro

and when I make my own drums in Cool edit, I would load a drum sound twice into two seperate tracks, pan one to the left and the other to the right. Next I would save the file as a wav file, open it in Cool Edit and layer it with some 808's and other drums so I can make my own drum then save it as a wav.

I'm not sure why you load in two kicks and pan them left and right. Are you making stereo samples of the kick? Why not collapse them to mono, like a real kick track? You can still do all the layering and stuff, but when you bounce it out, make a mono file. I personally see no use for stereo drum hits.

Quote:

After you've created your kick, load up the exs24 sampler and create a new instrument for your kit or whatever.

Inside the exs24, if you map the kick across your whole keyboard it will change accordingly in pitch, depending on which key you press.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search