The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
9th Wonder vs Dj Quik vs J.Dilla - Mixing Comparison - audio link provided
Old 11th September 2007
Here for the gear

9th Wonder vs Dj Quik vs J.Dilla - Mixing Comparison - audio link provided

[I was gonna put this on the 9th wonder thread , but that got closed for some reason]

Anyway I put together a series of beat snippets from 9th Wonder, Dj Quik, and Dilla - ripped from CD and encoded in 320kbps mp3.

The order goes:
First 3 beats - 9th Wonder
Next 3 beats - Dj Quik
Final 3 beats - J Dilla

(each beat is roughly 15 seconds in length)

Its pretty obvious which producer has the best engineering skills - but I'll let the music speak for itself - heres the link:
zSHARE - 9th wonder_quik_dilla comparison.mp3
Old 11th September 2007
Deleted #29527
What exactly are you trying to do here?? Is this supposed to be interesting or something? The 9th wonder threat was closed for a good reason if you ask me...
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLsoN View Post
What exactly are you trying to do here?? Is this supposed to be interesting or something? The 9th wonder threat was closed for a good reason if you ask me...
word.

Quote:
Its pretty obvious which producer has the best engineering skills - but I'll let the music speak for itself - heres the link:
Who gives a **** ,I don't care about engineering skills of producers...his job is to make and produce music ,not to mix it.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

he loves dj quick ....sure quick got a cleaner sound which does not mean its better, we talk about artistic choices here.

now lemme here some of your mixes lenscohen

peace
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quick is one of my mentors and a friend. I moved to Hollywood thinking that rappers don't know nothin' about nothin' and Quick changed that mentality within 30 seconds of watching him work. He can do it all in the studio and run circles around most engineers.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search