The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Build your own talk box Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Maniac
Build your own talk box

anybody know how to build a talk box from scrath?
any vids on you tube? myspace?
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Nut

search moot booxle on youtube and you'll find a vid called "ghetto talkbox"
cool guy and funny vid, talkbox is ghetto but you''ll get the drift on how easy it is..
after watching that,, find yourself a good compression horn driver to start, one with good mid range responce around 50 watts or so.. i'm on the same page myself and have built "ghetto ones" but will be building a decent one soon as i get my hands on a good horn driver.. other than the speaker you'll need some parts from hardware/plumbing store to go from the thicker diameter of the horn driver to a more appropriate size for the tubing.., place in box and hook up to amp.. ect..
lemme know how it goes for you as im learning and will be building one soon as i get back from vacation
ez
hando
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear
a few years back I built a talkbox out of a rubbermaid garbage can. People would see it i nteh studio and think it was for garbage, except that it had a tube coming out of it and a 1/4" tack on the top and they'd go "WTF???" That thing was sick and had great style and mojo.... until one day it started smoking. Ah, well, I got a lot of good use out of it. I never really felt the need to fix it.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

good **** here

everytime o ever worked w roger. he'd bring in some old broken lookin pa horn driver duct/electrical taped to a tube from the fish store.. and used whatever old gtr amp was around. and whatever keyboard he had. once was a casio cz 101 and once was my micromoog. heil talkboxes never sounded as good to me!!!
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

go on youtube and lookup
talkbox mayhem
he does a segment about building your own
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Hope this helps !!!

Custom
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Nut

sweet guide.. thanks clive!, definately will help me with my home tb setup..is that your personal myspace addy and music?
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

Yes mate. I managed to get hold of a EV 1823m driver and dx100 about 6/8 months ago. Been practicing ever since, good fun once you get going thumbsup

Thats amazing Mike, you worked with Roger !!! The best in my opinion, and Teddy a close 2nd hee.. Can you remember how you recorded his talkbox ??
Old 23rd September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivek View Post
Yes mate. I managed to get hold of a EV 1823m driver and dx100 about 6/8 months ago. Been practicing ever since, good fun once you get going thumbsup

Thats amazing Mike, you worked with Roger !!! The best in my opinion, and Teddy a close 2nd hee.. Can you remember how you recorded his talkbox ??
nice man, you got some pretty cool stuff on your page. I can hear you still need some practising tho as far as articulation goes. Sometimes them tubes that come with the box are too big. Im lookin for a smaller tube to better my art. as well. How much did you pay for the dx100? I still have to get me one of those.
Old 24th September 2007
Gear Maniac

mr groove

yall should check out mister groove, he makes and sells his own talkboxes. and he gives you also the parameters for the dx100.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search