The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Users help
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Logic Users help

I can't figure out how to load wavs files of my drums into Logic..... I got the Logic Pro 7 power book and I am reading the manuals but nothing came up

If i can't load wav files how can I convert wavs. into OMF, AAF. or SYsEx files
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Head

=)

Try to drag and drop from the "finder" window, to Logic's track.
I always do this.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Head

you can either drag and drop them onto a audio track in the arrange window or select
audio>import audio no need to convert logic accepts wav files.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Powell. View Post
I can't figure out how to load wavs files of my drums into Logic..... I got the Logic Pro 7 power book and I am reading the manuals but nothing came up

If i can't load wav files how can I convert wavs. into OMF, AAF. or SYsEx files
1. Go to an audio channel and in the audio meny select import Audiofile.
2. How are u sopposed to convert a Wav file to SYsEX.What would you acomplish with this.As i remember a SYsEx file is a txt file to send information to a midiinstrument.
OMF is a format for sending projects between different computer and you need a DAW ( Logic , Cubase , Nuendo , PT ) to do them and it doesn´t work that well in Logic Either.
AAF i have never heard of ?
Old 9th September 2007
Mgr
Lives for gear

Can you be more specific ? The format you said is not supposed to be audio... sysex is midi stuff..

What do you want to do ?

If you want to load some audio, you can go to the audio window and load and then grab the file over the arrangement or do import audio file. But you have to be on an Audio Track in order to place the audio file in your arrangement.

Hope that helps.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioA View Post
Can you be more specific ? The format you said is not supposed to be audio... sysex is midi stuff..

What do you want to do ?

If you want to load some audio, you can go to the audio window and load and then grab the file over the arrangement or do import audio file. But you have to be on an Audio Track in order to place the audio file in your arrangement.

Hope that helps.
Thanks everyone it worked

and to Audio A, I didn't know what the files meant, I just typed what I saw when I went to file>import audio>open file type

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search