The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Suggestions on mastering?
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Suggestions on mastering?

Sup slutz...Friday night, sittin in the studio trying to finish of this album. This thought pops up in my head.....

Where am I gonna get this thing mastered? I think most of my mixes are really cool at this point, I just want them polished and finished off. Basically I'm looking for someone to match levels, and give my tracks that extra shine I can't manage to get on my own. There might be a few tracks with some highs (loud, ear piercing snares) I might need tamed as well. Perhaps I need to fix those in the mix.

I know some responses will be "look at cds you like and find out who mastered them"...Sure, that's great. I'm already doing that.

Anyone here do mastering, or can recommend someone they've worked with? I've got a little cash, and this being my label's first release I really want it to shine.
Old 8th September 2007
Deleted #29527
I have been working with a company called Redsecta a few times. The mastering engineer is called L-Rockz. He´s located in LA.

I have been very satisfied with his work every time, plus his prices are real fair. You can hit him up on Redsecta Mixing & Mastering - Working for Hip Hop Artists and Record Labels EXCLUSIVELY.

Tell him I said whassup.

Peace!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search