The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Beats.... Feedback?
Old 7th September 2007
Here for the gear

Beats.... Feedback?

MySpace.com - Moniz - TRACY, California - Rap / Hip Hop / Other - www.myspace.com/monizproductions

Let me know what you guys think...
Flaws, anything you think I need to lay down better?
Thanks...
Old 7th September 2007
Deleted #29527
I didn´t have time to peep all your tracks in depth, but what I def noticed is that your drums sound very stiff and that I wasn´t a big fan of the mixes on the tracks I played. Maybe you wanne try and experiment with a lil more swing on the drums.

I did like the way ou flipped that one hair sample, even tho I have heard most of those samples being used before, but I guess that´s pretty common these days.

Keep at it.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

samples are very thin and the drums are overly stiff. id turn some of that quantizing off. u shouldnt have to quantize everything. this is something that took me a while to get a grip on a hip hop beat the drums and the groove are the most important things in the track. if either one is bad it can ruin the track as a whole
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Addict

Drums

I like the atmosphere and feel of the tracks. I think like other people on here said it wouldn't hurt to put some more groove in the drums and fatten em up a little. I hit you up on MYSPACE too.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Experiment on different varieties of mixing techniques, especially for beefing up those samples used. Play around with delays, and GOOD reverbs, etc.

You'd be surprised at how much better a beat maker you can become once you learn more about the ins and outs to great mix engineering.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search