The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Equipment and Track Mastering
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

New Equipment and Track Mastering

If you guys don't mind listening to a track I recently did with an Audio Technica Mic 4040, I would appreciate it. First time I have used a good mic and pre and I am not sure if I have it right:

MySpace.com - MC Celtic - LAKE WORTH, Florida - Hip Hop / Rap - www.myspace.com/celtic01

Thanks!
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Addict

Anyone - Help Anyone?

Anyone?
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

What kind of comments are you looking for?
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Addict

Anything..

Just about the general sound of the track.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

I heard the first track on your Myspace page. It was sounding good, sounded pretty clean, especially with the vocal. Good job on that

My opinion as a producer and engineer.. If I was to be the one producing and mixing the track, I would start off by changing up the vocal chain a bit, and picking a combo that would present more of an agressive sounding presence.

I find the combo that you are using to be great if a rapper's voice is already naturally agressive. A rapper I work with sounds great on a similar chain to the one you are using, but its cuz his voice has a lot of edge to it to begin with. Regarding the track I heard, you voice seemed to sound less agressive and gritty, and more laid back and smooth. A mic with more presence boost and/or an open top end would sound a lot more interesting on your voice IMO.

But thats just my tastes with what I would have liked to have heard if I was the one engineering that track.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

MIC?

What kind of Mic do you think would work well with my voice? Thanks for the feedback!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search