The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
new tool for sampled-based producers: sampleDig Plugin Presets/Expansions
Old 2nd September 2007
Here for the gear

new tool for sampled-based producers: sampleDig

Hey there... first of all, I didn't see a place for intros on the forum anywhere, so I'll do a quick one now. I've been browsing this site for a few years, but never joined up, mainly because I'm already moderating a few boards myself - but I figured now would be as good a time as any.

Keeping it short - I run HipHopProduction.com, and help run a few other sites, including ughh, etc. I've also had the opportunity of working with a large number of artists from many genres.

Hopefully, since we know each other a little better now, this post won't feel like spam - because it's not, it's a great tool I've developed, and was using for personal reasons, but now decided to make it public:

It's called "sampleDig" and it basically scours the internet (well, a predefined list of blogs) for links to popular download sites, as well as popular file extensions. Also, since many blogs use passwords on their files, it lists the "typical" password for that site. (this is still in beta, so the password may not be right 100% of the time).

Hopefully some of you will find it useful - if so, feel free to bookmark, and post feedback - and also feel free to spread the link.

http://www.hiphopproduction.com/sampleDig

also, instead of making another post, I'll mention the friendly sample-based producer battles ("Beat Meets") I host on a monthly/bi-monthly basis - usually very good turnouts (20-40+ entries).

Glad to finally make a post after all the years of creeping in the shadows... look forward to wasting some time here!
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

thanks, sounds and looks interesting.
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

thanks for the link.

sounds like a great source for inspiration. thumbsup
Old 2nd September 2007
Here for the gear

great - hope you find it useful! Don't hesitate to ask questions / make suggestions on it. I'd love to make it as feature rich as possible.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks Alot.
Old 4th September 2007
Deleted #29527
Is that you Kotik?? Dood, that tool is f+++in dope!
I havn´t really sampled anything within the last three years, but as a vinyl fan, that tool is still very interesting. I found some real interesting records on some of the blogs.
I don´t think tools like this can/should replace going to the record store in oder to dig, but I still like the idea of it.
Thanks for the heads up.

Peace!
Old 6th September 2007
Here for the gear

ha, guilty as charged!

personally, I don't really sample that much anymore either, except for fun / personal stuff. I already had a stern talking to by the last guy we dealt with regarding samples... heh. tutt

Let's just say Viacom doesn't like samples as much as Turner.

I still hit the blogs once a month for listening pleasure, and I also agree that nothing can replace digging, although moving 10k+ records around can get tiresome.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Just so you know... I don't think anyones made this clear yet...

you ARE the man for this!

No. You are THE MAN for this!!!

Props duke!

Krumbz
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search