The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone own or used an MPC500/Yamaha MiniMO? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Anyone own or used an MPC500/Yamaha MiniMO?

Is it worth the $699 price tag? Pros, cons? Limitations? The purchase is a toss up between this and a yamaha MiniMO, both similar in price. I played with the MiniMo at GC and like it, especially for the price, but never played with an MPC.
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

I like the mini mo. its more of a preset machine tho so if you are into making patches it is probabaly not for you. I also don't like that it doesn't have midi thru. Other than that it is a solid board. The mpc 500 is ok but if you have the money I'd say get the 1000. You get a lot more for not much more. Play with the machines and find what you like and maybe get both. If you have the budget it can't hurt to buy a motif classic which should have all the mini mo sounds and I doubt would cost more than $700
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

dude watch ebay and get the 1000 if you're leanin towards the 500. you can score one for that price or cheaper, easy. only price i'd consider a 500 at is maybe $250. no way it's worth $699.
Old 2nd September 2007
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Motif Classic? What is that exactly? Good look on that Ebay site. Thanks for advice guys.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

i'd wanna know if the d/a converters and sound output in general is up to snuff with the motif es
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhonoquO View Post
i'd wanna know if the d/a converters and sound output in general is up to snuff with the motif es
ive played them side by side and the es does sound better but the mm6 doesnt sound bad at all
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabiton View Post
ive played them side by side and the es does sound better but the mm6 doesnt sound bad at all
I was really impressed by the mini's sound, def surprised by the price.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I was really impressed by the mini's sound, def surprised by the price.
i was too. i am considering getting my hands on one just to have some of those standard sounds but i think not having midi thru may give me some problems when it comes to syncing it with my other gear
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabiton View Post
i was too. i am considering getting my hands on one just to have some of those standard sounds but i think not having midi thru may give me some problems when it comes to syncing it with my other gear

put it at the end of your midi chain? You can still set it to slave no?
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
put it at the end of your midi chain? You can still set it to slave no?
come to think of it i probabaly could put it just before my juno kuz my juno is my only board that has midi thru. My ESQ-1 is the master
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

xabition - I see that drum refill in your sig...you recommend any good rex refills?
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
xabition - I see that drum refill in your sig...you recommend any good rex refills?
nothing i can think of off the top of my head tho a lot of my drum refill is rex format. its all breaks from my vinyl samples. i put it together in 2005 and most everyone who uses it digs it. i keep tellin myself im going to make a new one but i havent lol
Old 5th September 2007
Here for the gear

you should check out reason station they have all sorts of free refills.
if you look under rex files this cat named waveguider has like 100 breaks rexed up.
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I just looked some **** up, zero g or something like that anybody messed with it?
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I would go for a used Motif classic over the MM6

the MM6 only has an 8 track sequencer and has less sounds.

I also would get a used MPC2000XL over a 500 but thats just me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search