The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Drum Quality
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Addict

Drum Quality

I wanna keep my drums as analogue as possible but one thing is that if i sample my drums using various samplers and techniques and import my drums into for say battery 3/guru etc would i lose any quality in sound from the process took to create the drums in the first place or would it in anyway change the sound?
Thinking whether to record my sounds straight from my sampler into my sequencer to keep it straight organic.
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

what do u mean by analog as possible? if your drums are in a sampler they are already digital
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbeats View Post
I wanna keep my drums as analogue as possible but one thing is that if i sample my drums using various samplers and techniques and import my drums into for say battery 3/guru etc would i lose any quality in sound from the process took to create the drums in the first place or would it in anyway change the sound?
Thinking whether to record my sounds straight from my sampler into my sequencer to keep it straight organic.
once its in the sampler its digital. loading that .wav into a software sampler is not gonna change the sound but recording it to your sequencer will depending on the quality of your converters.
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Addict

sorry, jus want em sounding thick as im sampling from vinyl and and trying to get a warm sound out of my drums.
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

its all in the mixdown...its all in the mixdown heh (if u start with good sounds)
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Record your own live drums
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic View Post
(if u start with good sounds)
There it is
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic View Post
its all in the mixdown...its all in the mixdown heh (if u start with good sounds)
i'd say tackle sh*t where/when it bugs you, don't wait till mixdown.

it's all in the source material, composition and arrangement... it's all in the source material, composition and arrangement. heh
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

And this is all the same old things we have heard mentioned before concerning these same questions.......

When it comes down to achieving great results in production, you just gotta know your stuff. You can only be as good as you allow yourself to be. Learn as much as you can about your tools, and practice and develope your craft. Along those lines you will also be developing an ear for what you are doing. Everything comes together in time...

Start your journey from learning every single thing there is to know about the tools that you're producing with... sometimes its just enough to learn how to use a sampler, but not in the case of when it comes to having to ask questions like that...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search