The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
i need some opinion about synth please :) Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Nut
i need some opinion about synth please :)

hello everybody.
i work everyday with my mpc 4k and a se-1x, yet i think to buy another hardware synth.
i like particularly sound like gospel chorus, but is better if is polyvalent, because the se-1x that i have is 99% for power bass...
i am seeing to fantom xr, motif es or triton rack but..i live in switzerland and i wanna know if there is some news made in usa, if there is some killer synth that i don't know the existence for example...
don't answer my to use vst sounds because i work only hardware

thanks a lot!!!!!!!
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfist View Post
hello everybody.
i work everyday with my mpc 4k and a se-1x, yet i think to buy another hardware synth.
i like particularly sound like gospel chorus, but is better if is polyvalent, because the se-1x that i have is 99% for power bass...
i am seeing to fantom xr, motif es or triton rack but..i live in switzerland and i wanna know if there is some news made in usa, if there is some killer synth that i don't know the existence for example...

thanks a lot!!!!!!!
If I was in your position, I would go with the Motif ES. I have all 3 of them, and that one has to be my most go to hardware synth rack.

But like Lays potatoe chips, I could'nt have just one of them, so I ended up purchasing them all.

The order for how I rank them in my studio is Motif, then the Fantom, and then the Triton rack.
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Nut
thanks man,....
the motif have the most "natural" sound...is true?
but....there is another synth like this three or...principally in the producer gear this synth are the most used?
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Nut
i have buyed a motif es rack for 1040 dollars, with 18 months full warranty, is not new but few months and is perfect cosmetically...

thanks for the suggestion pettycash
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post

The order for how I rank them in my studio is Motif, then the Fantom, and then the Triton rack.
Pettycash,

I heard those Fantoms are difficult to operate,not very user friendly... what do you think?

I will also chip in, with synths, the more the merrier!!!
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

i gotta say the motif's weakspot is definitely it's synths so i'd go with a fantom over the ES for those types of sounds any day.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
Pettycash,

I heard those Fantoms are difficult to operate,not very user friendly... what do you think?

I will also chip in, with synths, the more the merrier!!!
Tell me about it .......

My first reaction to it was a very unimpressed and sometimes impatient one in comparison to using the motif and the triton rack.
I really enjoy the different sounds it offers though, so I tried my best to look past its short comings.

The Editor program is great for making it more convenient to navigate through, but I now have less beef with having to use it either way thanks to a friend of mine that had some past experience with using the rack (Less Beef is probably as good as it will get for now).
I been playing around with it for just a month or two now, but I seem to be picking it up at a quick pace and my workflow with it is getting better.

MyFist congrats on the Motif ES purchase, Im sure you will be very happy with it.heh
For those really natural, jazzy, soulful type of sounds, It would be my go to out of the 3.

Finley, What other synth racks would you suggest, for lets say... good Pop and Dance type sounds?
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Nut
thanks pettycash

tomorrow i write some impression about this synth here...

hiphop made in switzerland!!!

Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Tell me about it .......

My first reaction to it was a very unimpressed and sometimes impatient one in comparison to using the motif and the triton rack.
I really enjoy the different sounds it offers though, so I tried my best to look past its short comings.

The Editor program is great for making it more convenient to navigate through, but I now have less beef with having to use it either way thanks to a friend of mine that had some past experience with using the rack (Less Beef is probably as good as it will get for now).
I been playing around with it for just a month or two now, but I seem to be picking it up at a quick pace and my workflow with it is getting better.

Finley, What other synth racks would you suggest, for lets say... good Pop and Dance type sounds?
Thanks for the info Petty Cash!

I have a few clients interested in the Fantom. Asfar as synth racks, I have heard a few nords that had that sound. Does Access make racks? I ve been holed up in the studio too long!!

Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

what, no Moog?

I can't understand how can anyone pick a triton, motif or fantom over a Moog as a main synth?

On that tip, try Sequential Circuits, Arp, PPG, Nord, even a novation supernova would be a step up...
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Head

The MOTIF XS has killer new synth sounds compared to the ES. (IMO)
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15YO View Post
The MOTIF XS has killer new synth sounds compared to the ES. (IMO)
It also has a killer price tag in comparison to the ES....
Old 2nd September 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfist View Post

heh, well what about the receptor?

One instrument... Two rack spaces... Millions of sounds... Infinite possibilities.

That's the Muse Research Receptor™—a unique and versatile musical instrument that takes the best software-based synthesizers and effects processors available, and turns them into real instruments. With the push of a button, Receptor can transform itself from a sampler into a guitar processor; from a drum module into a synthesizer; or from a delicate mastering tool into a screaming drawbar organ.
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Nut
this receptor cost a lot ehe...yet i have buyed this motif es rack....
i have one simply question...
i have readed but i don't have founded this information...
how i can use the motif es in various tracks of my mpc?
i know the program change but if i choose one and i change track, the voice in the motif don't changes......

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search