The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
best firewire interface for MB and MPD24
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

best firewire interface for MB and MPD24

i'm looking to simply start at the bottom and start making beats with my macbook and an akai mpd24. i realize the next step is a firewire interface and have been looking at

metric halo uln-2
rme ff400

and would like any other suggestions. if i can start out cheap but with good quality i would go that route but i would rather pay a little more upfront for a piece of gear that i will want to keep and can expand into a more professional quality studio. also any other suggestions in terms of DAW/software, other necessities, etc. are greatly appreciated. i've worked with dp5 and was thinking of that plus reason and guru but maybe i'm mixed up so let me know if i've got it twisted. thank you in advance.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search