The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
GT brick? oppinions Single-Channel Preamps
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

GT brick? oppinions

Ive recently inherited a bit of money and can afford to upgrade my recording devices im currently running an mxlv67>roland mmp-2 preamp>audigy 2 platinum soundcard. my butget isnt tooo big (i have the money i jsut dont feel i need to spend it)

im putting a cinemag transformer and peluso 367 into my mxl v67 and changing the capasitors to ones of a high quality. thats my mic hotrodded

IM wondering if the brick will do this new mic any justice? if i should just continue to use my current pre, or perhaps get another that is too be suggested. I dont want to spend too much more than the brick is worth (500 od isnt it?)

and for those that thave the brick..does it have any spdif connection or a way to connect directly to the soundcard

(edit) i forgot to ask what the brick is like (for vocals)

thanks
Old 30th August 2007
Well, the Groove Tubes Brick does not have a digital to analog converter. It is an all analog mic pre/ D.I. If you are in need for the "all in one" type of unit,

Check out the API A2D,
http://apiaudio.com/a2d.html

The Brick has a very cool character for vocals. I have found that it does really help microphones that have funny things about them. It really "rounds" out the overall "personality" of the microphone.

Overall the Brick has a highly musical warmth and "soul". I also really like the Brick for Bass D.I. When I use the Brick for this application, I can achieve a very "plump" tone on the dry D.I track.

peace
mixwell
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

I had 2, used them alot, they're very nice...I like
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

I like them. Very nice value for the money

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search