The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
simple problem...grrr Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

simple problem...grrr

i feel ******** but i cant figure this out...i just got a triton extreme...and have made a little beat on it...have everything ready..now i wanna put it on my computer...how do i do this?

i have pro tools LE ...

i cant find anything on the subject in the manual or anything...

any help?
Old 30th August 2007
hook up your triton's outputs (preferably via a DI box and into the mic preamps) to your audio interface.

set the triton to slave to midi time code, and pro-tools to generate it. Set PT to the tempo of your track

record tracks to computer, by soloing a pair of tracks at a time and recording to individual tracks on PT (eg, solo kick and pan left, snare and pan right. record to two individual mono tracks, input 1 for kick, input 2 for snare, panned centrally on PT). Repeat for every track (do stereo parts eg keys or strings one at a time, leave panning settings central and recording onto a stereo track).

When you've done every track, you should have the entire beat in the computer, "tracked out" ready to have vocals overdubbed and to be mixed.

Depending on how tight your midi setup is, you may need to realign midi tracks to the grid (should be tight enough that you can move all together).

Does that help?
Old 31st August 2007
Here for the gear

yeah thanks..exept the " set the triton to slave to midi time code, and pro-tools to generate it. Set PT to the tempo of your track"

how do you do that?
Old 31st August 2007
Hmmm....now you're getting into manual reading territory. I don't have a triton so I couldn't tell you that. Guaranteed it will be in one of the setup pages though.

Pro-Tools to generate - apple +2 (on the numeric keypad) to open session setup (it's also in Setup menu). The options are there - set to generate MTC, choose a midi out and hook that up to the midi in on the trition.

Simplest way to change tempo - on the transport control, click the conductor icon to put into "manual tempo" mode and change the tempo in the box.

If you don't know how to do any of this though, sounds like you need to spend some time getting to grips with PT before you try to do anything detailed in it - else you're going to keep on getting stuck. Get a book, a DVD tutorial or just do some serious manual reading and experimenting.
Old 31st August 2007
Apologies to the thread-starter.
I don't mean to hi-jack your thread but, has anyone had any success in tracking beats out in FL Studio?
I don't have any keyboard workstations or anything like that.
I just asking hypothetically.
This would sway my decisions on buying keyboards in the future.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Tweak's Guide to the Home and Project Studio

folks...please click the link...save it...read one page everyday.....start with the very first page....then move to the next.....and so on.

PRETTY PLEASE heh
Old 31st August 2007
I already know the answer to my question.

I just wanna know if any body had ever done it in FL.

From what I understand it would be achieved through MIDI.

Basically its just getting your Computer to communicate the MIDI info with

your keyboard.

Your PC is playing back the MIDI info, while the AUDIO from the keyboard is

being outputted back into the computer and is recording it..

Essentially...
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehkz View Post
I already know the answer to my question.

I just wanna know if any body had ever done it in FL.

From what I understand it would be achieved through MIDI.

Basically its just getting your Computer to communicate the MIDI info with

your keyboard.

Your PC is playing back the MIDI info, while the AUDIO from the keyboard is

being outputted back into the computer and is recording it..

Essentially...
Seems like some pretty novice questions to be asking...try reading.

Midi is meant to be sent and received. Depends on what your set up is and what you want to be the "slave" and the "master". MIDI is nothing but notation information. You can track MIDI with any program or hardware that supports it. To record it the way you mentioned above, you'd have to have a line in while playing back the MIDI sequence.

To answer your question, I've done it with FL.
Old 31st August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
To answer your question, I've done it with FL.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search