The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
my next mic Dynamic Microphones
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

my next mic

I'm working with an at4060 -----> minime converter ------>002 right now and i'm tempted to get another mic. Most likely a dynamic. Quality. Sometimes when the energy is almost yelling i feel the at4060 just can't take it and distorts a lil. I'm think'n a nice dynamic mic might be best bet in these rare cases. Any suggestions???
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

SM7b? RE20? Those should about cover it...
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

yeah thats what i thought. I know those are mostly used for prodcating stuff. Which one would be best though. They're basically the same price. I was thinking the re20

actuall more like the sm7b. After reading even more reviews. Now will the mic pre in my minime do it justice. I got Renmaxx bundle plugins to give it some "warmth"
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

on vocals? Sounds like you need to learn mic techniques. As you get louder, move back or sideways a few inches from the mic.

If you put too much pressure on any mic diaphragm, it will distort.
Old 30th August 2007
Rom
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by irthwirm View Post
I'm working with an at4060 -----> minime converter ------>002 right now and i'm tempted to get another mic. Most likely a dynamic. Quality. Sometimes when the energy is almost yelling i feel the at4060 just can't take it and distorts a lil. I'm think'n a nice dynamic mic might be best bet in these rare cases. Any suggestions???

Maybe you need a better Pre Amp ... I'm workin with an AT4060 and 1272 pre and this is awsome!!!

Double take make me sound louder and very clean with the pre's. Depending how u are positionned when you yell, this is a major point also.

well.. this works fine me.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

yeah i don't know how good the pre is on the apogee minime i heard its "good" but not like a hi end deal of course. I clock to the apogee. Even with them 12 inches and my gain turned all the way down on my apogee i still feel at times it's too hot and it's most likey my mic that's stress'n more then the apogee. What about angling them a lil off to the side. Any suggestions? It also could be the acoustics of the room.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search