The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help; MPC 3000 loading from SCSI drive Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Head

Help; MPC 3000 loading from SCSI drive

Just bought my mpc 3000, im trying to load drums from an external iomega 250 zip drive and having problems....

When trying to make SCSI device active (with the SCSI address as AUTO) it says no SCSI device was found...literally nothing happens...so im trying to narrow down the problem...either the zip drive itself or maybe the OS system??

A little help guys?

Thanks
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Addict

i dont know if this will help but i had a simular problem with my 2000xl and after hours of headache i set it to scsi 5 and it worked fine hope that helps......
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Head

Thanks for the reply man....ive actually tryed all 6 (instead of auto) on the mpc, whereas on the 250 zip it doesnt have any button on what address to set it too....even the 100mg iomega zip version has that facility
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_jay View Post
Thanks for the reply man....ive actually tryed all 6 (instead of auto) on the mpc, whereas on the 250 zip it doesnt have any button on what address to set it too....even the 100mg iomega zip version has that facility
My external SCSI Iomega ZIP 250 has a switch to set it to either SCSI ID 5 or 6. It's just a suggestion, but perhaps the problem is that the external ZIP drive is a parallel port model, not a SCSI model. IIRC, the 25 pin SCSI and parallel port connectors fit together, although they are definitely not compatible. I actually have both SCSI and parallel port Iomega ZIP 250's, and they look almost identical apart from the switch for the SCSI ID.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Head

thanks man......ill search ebay now
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search