The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Buss Comp For Hiphop/R&B That can track vocal too? Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Buss Comp For Hiphop/R&B That can track vocal too?

Hey Slutz,

I know some of the usual suspects for this type of music mixing include:
C1/C2 SSL series maybe roll music comp. I want to get a comp to mix thru but I also want to use it as a second compressor to my LA2A for tracking. Any ideas folks? Also is there something on the market that has more money in the actal compressor than the SSL variants? The price to build a clone is rudiculous compared to the retail price. What about TF pro and SPL? Thanks guys/girls for any help.

Jazztone
Old 28th August 2007

Smart C2 or my current favorite Aurora Audio GTC2.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

camel crusher

I use camel crusher occasionally but i use it to color the vocals. Its does have the option to compress but you can not alter the parameters. it does add a nice bit of generic tube sound when running the distortion. ifyou turn down the gain on the effect and run it through a send it adds a brilliant color to the "s and mid rand freqs. i have alot of people say how did you get your mic to sound like that. Then of course i use a different compressor to squash the vocals. buzz comp never did what i wanted it to
MySpace.com - Feedback productions - Kansas City, US - Hip Hop / Indie / Rap - www.myspace.com/feedbackproductions

Last edited by feedback711; 28th August 2007 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: forgot url
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Any out of the usual bunch of choices? My absolute ceiling is about 1700.00. Hopefully someone has a cool idea.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
you use the gtc2 as a bus comp as well? crazy......

.......what about the fatso? i use that as a bus comp, been meaning to get a patchbay to use it while tracking as well. it has a tracking mode, and SPANK mode that could be interesting.

Quote:
Four compression modes > One for tracking, one general purpose, one "bus" compressor, and SPANK (see below). All LINKABLE! Classic knee compressor sound that really grabs.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Hey Tony
How are you using the GTC2 on the 2 bus?
I've been experimenting with mine using the opto setting with med attack and fast/med release. So far so good..though sometimes wished there was a sidechain where I could put a hi-pass.
Just curious for some other methods..
Old 29th August 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by strauss View Post
Hey Tony
How are you using the GTC2 on the 2 bus?
I've been experimenting with mine using the opto setting with med attack and fast/med release. So far so good..though sometimes wished there was a sidechain where I could put a hi-pass.
Just curious for some other methods..
That's a good start. I like the opto, too.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Daking FET II. Very flexible.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

What about SPL Kultube?
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Anybody on the Kultube? How's the Neve Portico on Bass heavy punchy Urban stuff?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search