The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SNARE ROLLS ON THE MPC Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumbz View Post
Casio keyboard? Are you ****tin me? Really???
They got style ,I still use my PSR-280.
I used to do all my beats on the PSR only a few years ago.
No Pc ,no MPC ,nothing...lol.
5 tracks max. makes you pretty ceative. hahah

I like "reflections".
It's not sampled?
Because it sounds like that.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

the casio keyboard i got is a piece of ****

i use it to layer over samples cuz it's all i got and i gotta use mad plugin's to cover the cornball sound of the casio

gimme some money so i can buy better **** and in return i'll ghost produce for you or mannie fresh
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscarbones View Post
the casio keyboard i got is a piece of ****

i use it to layer over samples cuz it's all i got and i gotta use mad plugin's to cover the cornball sound of the casio

gimme some money so i can buy better **** and in return i'll ghost produce for you or mannie fresh
man you really remind me of how i _used_ to think about production.

it's easy to sit back and snipe from your ivory tower of hip hop supremacy with your sampled beats when you haven't done anything in this music game.

learn to appreciate other people's production and you'll see yours get even better.

you really have a self-inflated view of your productions. they're ok, but they're nothing new. fresh at least has his own style and thing going. your beats sound like **** i've heard a million times already. try to put together a beat like mannie and see how easy it is.

.....and before you get all hyphy and write some psycho response, chill. this is just an observation.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

i'm just bein sarcastic man

i don't like mannie fresh beats

i think they're wack

sorry i didn't know i had to like them

i aint on a hiphop pedestal either, i only posted beats becuz someone asked in here otherwise i just wouldve talked **** about how i don't like mannie fresh beats

there's alot of beats i don't like as i'm sure is the same with you

i do like beats by

dre, primo, kanye, pete rock, focus, hitek, rza, jdilla, stoupe, dj pooh, fredwreck, ant banks, LES

byebye now
Old 9th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscarbones View Post
i'm just bein sarcastic man

i don't like mannie fresh beats

i think they're wack

sorry i didn't know i had to like them

i aint on a hiphop pedestal either, i only posted beats becuz someone asked in here otherwise i just wouldve talked **** about how i don't like mannie fresh beats

there's alot of beats i don't like as i'm sure is the same with you

i do like beats by

dre, primo, kanye, pete rock, focus, hitek, rza, jdilla, stoupe, dj pooh, fredwreck, ant banks, LES

byebye now
If you don't like Fresh, go buy Juvenile, 400 Degrees.

If you still don't u just don't.

Nothing's wrong with not liking someone's work. It aint for everybody. I don't like pete rock all that much and I think Premiere is good, but he aint as good as Easy MO B. Everybody has an opinion.
Old 11th September 2007
no ssl yet
The funniest thing about "Down south snr rolls" (And I can say it since I'm one of the ones attributed to doing it first in New Orleans and the south).

LOL The funny thing is that they STARTED IN NY.

Go buy some Early TLA ROCK or Mantronix.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
The funniest thing about "Down south snr rolls" (And I can say it since I'm one of the ones attributed to doing it first in New Orleans and the south).

LOL The funny thing is that they STARTED IN NY.

Go buy some Early TLA ROCK or Mantronix.
picked up some mantronix yesterday on your tip......good lookin out thumbsup
Old 13th September 2007
no ssl yet

YouTube - T la Rock - bass Machine

You said you want rolls
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

YouTube - T la Rock - bass Machine

You said you want rolls
you weren't lyin..........
Old 13th September 2007
no ssl yet
Let's not forget there was no "note repeat" button.

And back then we had to do this on machines that only had step write where you'd place drums on a grid of lights running across the machine. (Anyone who programmed a 808 or 606 understands.)

So it's a bit hard not to laugh at guys who have MPCs but post looking for snare roll secrets.

It's pathetic. actually.
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Let's not forget there was no "note repeat" button.

And back then we had to do this on machines that only had step write where you'd place drums on a grid of lights running across the machine. (Anyone who programmed a 808 or 606 understands.)

So it's a bit hard not to laugh at guys who have MPCs but post looking for snare roll secrets.

It's pathetic. actually.
no doubt thats why i was laughin...

i actually picked up a mc505 to get that mantronix / t la rock beat sound on some of my tracks. programming the grid of lights is different...
Old 14th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post
no doubt thats why i was laughin...

i actually picked up a mc505 to get that mantronix / t la rock beat sound on some of my tracks. programming the grid of lights is different...

You went back to step programming on purpose for some of the Mantronix sound? I hope you're joking. It's SO much easier to do on modern drum machines/sequencers.
\
You can't be serious.
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

You went back to step programming on purpose for some of the Mantronix sound? I hope you're joking. It's SO much easier to do on modern drum machines/sequencers.
\
You can't be serious.
that and for other reasons. i'm putting together some beats with modern touches that use old ****ed up sounds right now.

.......it's a fun toy for $200. cheaper than some people's mic stands too... :D

nice to not turn on the computer sometimes to make music. different methods, different results. i bounce around from that, to the mpc1k, to fl studio, to cubase sx/guru.
Old 14th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
that and for other reasons. i'm putting together some beats with modern touches that use old ****ed up sounds right now.

.......it's a fun toy for $200. cheaper than some people's mic stands too... :D

nice to not turn on the computer sometimes to make music. different methods, different results. i bounce around from that, to the mpc1k, to fl studio, to cubase sx/guru.
OK you got me, my mic stand did cost about the same price. But if you are gonna be buying expensive mics don't you need insurance that you won't be diving to catch it and cracking a hip or neck bone.

LOL I could get injured like mike tyson was "spinal"
LOL

So I bought a good stand. (Hell stands used to cost $000's
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
OK you got me, my mic stand did cost about the same price. But if you are gonna be buying expensive mics don't you need insurance that you won't be diving to catch it and cracking a hip or neck bone.

LOL I could get injured like mike tyson was "spinal"
LOL

So I bought a good stand. (Hell stands used to cost $000's
real talk.....but my cymbal stand was all of $60
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
i just draw notes into the sequencer in 32nds in kontakt

usually a 808 snare sounds good

checkour examples here

MySpace.com - Sirocco Byzantine Is Absolutely Dangerous - North Brunswick, New Jersey - Hip Hop / Trance / IDM - www.myspace.com/dj7thcity
Old 14th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
You've never seen my mic stand have u? It was a bit over 3x your cymbal stand but I'd pay it again if I had to. (It's more like a camera tripod IMO).

I've never worried about mounting things so they don't tip over no matter how heavy the mic was.
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
You've never seen my mic stand have u? It was a bit over 3x your cymbal stand but I'd pay it again if I had to. (It's more like a camera tripod IMO).

I've never worried about mounting things so they don't tip over no matter how heavy the mic was.
nah i saw it...and i probably would have gotten one if someone didn't hit me up with that cymbal stand tip...
Old 14th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
nah i saw it...and i probably would have gotten one if someone didn't hit me up with that cymbal stand tip...
Not that it matters, but at least mine came with wheels.heh
Old 16th September 2007
Gear Head

If you want to know pretty much everything there is to snare rolls
just search MPC FORUMS. There is whole sections there bout it. Use the SEARCH and it will give you heaps to try out.
Old 10th May 2009
Gear Maniac

YouTube - T La Rock - Bass Machine (12-Inch Version - 1986)

Thanks i never knew this.As many time ive listned to mantronix it never hit me
Old 10th May 2009
Lives for gear

if you've had an mpc for more than two days and don't know how to do snare rolls you probably shouldn't be producing.

it's pretty basic programming.
Old 11th May 2009
Here for the gear

Thanks for this! Although this may be simple to other people, this is something that wasnt simple to me. The only difference is that I think I made it alot harder then it needed to be. I personally didnt think it was as easy as it was.

We should encourage more of this around here.

EDIT - I wasnt doing this on an MPC though like the OP was asking about. I was programming them in Cubase.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search