The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JUST ORDERED THE MIKO DIRECT FROM OPEN LABS..GOOD OR BAD? Digital Converters
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
You probably should have started the thread saying:

"I'm justiufying my purchase, so don't tell me anything negative... I don't care if the converters suck or anything else, it's mine and it's perfect for me."
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycapmusic View Post
Well I respect ALL your opinions on the piece. Good and bad. When I said "HATING" on the piece it was because cats made it seem like the price is what they were so mad about. And whats crazy is ALL the recent gear I just dump added almost up to what I spent on the dam MIKO so I didnt really SPEND anything outta MY pocket. I just know I wont have to "reach here, reach there, turn around and click this on a computer thats half way across the room then go back over to the keyboard" And all this about pieces "SOUNDING" or bad, Im not into all that. Im not a dog so I dont have this super keen hearing or this ultra NEXT level of hearing that everyone else may have but I cant say "oh this piece SOUNDS better or worst than this piece". If I stop and just concentrate on JUST how good or bad converters are, I would get s**t done and it will keep from making music. I dont time to stop and smell the roses on that. Thats a joke and a its something that can be taking care of later in the future. Its all kinds of crap sounding songs on the radio. The point is, IT MADE IT TO RADIO.
I wish you the best of luck.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
If I stop and just concentrate on JUST how good or bad converters are, I would get s**t done and it will keep from making music.
Good for you

Quote:
I dont time to stop and smell the roses on that. Thats a joke and a its something that can be taking care of later in the future.
True

Quote:
Its all kinds of crap sounding songs on the radio. The point is, IT MADE IT TO RADIO.
Do your thing man. Your turn could be next
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

OMG, and thats exactly why hip hop and rap is in the current state its in, no one gives a shyt about quality, ill be damned if i dont strive for the best i can
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
OMG, and thats exactly why hip hop and rap is in the current state its in, no one gives a shyt about quality, ill be damned if i dont strive for the best i can
Old 29th August 2007
Yeah well i dont think some rapper or producer is running to the store or online sweating and saying" dam man i really need to buy this $2500 or $3000 converter to make my 4 song demo so this A&R at Jive can sign me. Cause ya know its not about talent or who you know, its ALL ABOUT THE CONVERTERS IM USING. YEAH he will surely bypass my beat, vocals, concept and concentrate on the JUST the converters im using" . I know cats that got deals off of crap quality mp3's so im not to worried about that. The stuff i produced on Logic Express sounds GREAT using stock s**t. $200 Audio Technica Mic--->Presonus Tube Pre--->Alesis 3630 Compressor--->Motu 828*FANTASTIC*..Vocals are nic warm, breathy and upfront. Its not about what you got but how you use it. I still play s**t ive done from 93' when i had a Tascam 424 in a tiny lil corner in my room at my moms house. Matter of fact that s**t sounds warmer than some stuff ive did since then. I got the Miko based 100% on convenience.
Old 29th August 2007

I think this thread has run it's course...

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search