The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixing sof synths to wav's in sonar 6 DAW Software
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Mixing sof synths to wav's in sonar 6

ok. i get a beat mad with midi files and soft synths and drummer sesion and what notand then i select the tracks and try to export my samples and for some reason only the waves mix down leaving the soft synths and drum patterngone how do i do it the right way???
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

If EVERYTHING is highlighted, audio and MIDI tracks, it should export just fine.
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Niedt View Post
If EVERYTHING is highlighted, audio and MIDI tracks, it should export just fine.
Old 28th August 2007
Here for the gear

you can also turn each synth track into audio by selecting each one in individually then use the bounce function.Sonars help topics are a faster way to get most answers
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

maybe my sonar is weird

cause i have everytrack highlighted. then i select bounce to track/s and it only bounces the wavs...weird. i ahve spent hours in the help file. i have a regestered version of sonar 6 and the tech support say it should work...weird
maybe i need to route eack synthtrack to a audio track and record what you hear. i have no clue. the new samplitude v9 is way better for this type of beat composition but i just love the feel sonar creates with its audio.
Old 29th August 2007
jje
Gear Nut

Are the synths unfrozen?
Try doing one track at a time at see what happens.

It works fine for me - I just go to the bounce menu under edit (I think), choose the track to bounce and choose the new track where it should bounce and a minute later all done.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

this **** pissed me off back in sonar 4 some time ago. you have to have EVERYTHING highlighted. the way i did it most of the time was i'd double click track 1, the actual 1 in the top left corner in the track view, basically the same as hitting control+a (select all). then goto export and either main mix or entire mix (i always thought that was kinda stupid, same thing?). make sure theyre not archieved or muted and it should work.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

yeah fellas

tech support says i have a bad version of sonar. They said that there is a bug in the programing that makes it do weird little things like that. anyway tech support sent me a patch download that fixes a huge part of sonar and all the lilttle problems. the patch is only for regestered users but i will post it tonight when i get off work for you all to download.
it had a lilst of problems in the readme file like 50 or 60 things the patch fixed. sweet sonar is zoomin all over the place. creative flow is even better
keep posted. ohh, how do i post a down load on here???
Old 6th September 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedback711 View Post
tech support says i have a bad version of sonar. They said that there is a bug in the programing that makes it do weird little things like that. anyway tech support sent me a patch download that fixes a huge part of sonar and all the lilttle problems. the patch is only for regestered users but i will post it tonight when i get off work for you all to download.
it had a lilst of problems in the readme file like 50 or 60 things the patch fixed. sweet sonar is zoomin all over the place. creative flow is even better
keep posted. ohh, how do i post a down load on here???

Are you still Going to Post the download?
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

word to the wise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedback711 View Post
anyway tech support sent me a patch download that fixes a huge part of sonar and all the lilttle problems. the patch is only for regestered users but i will post it tonight when i get off work for you all to download.
You may want to fall back.. or go about it another way. Cakewalk is pretty anal about stuff like that..not to mention the house-rules here..I'm just sayin'...
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

i know.

thats why i did not post the download. if any one wants to contact me in private in reguards to making music in sonar i will be happy to share any information that i have. but i guess i should not post the download. Seeing as how the lable i work for would fritz if they had a copyright lawyer call rawkus about me. i would loose my job. my myspace is
MySpace.com - Feedback productions - Kansas City, US - Hip Hop / Indie / Rap - www.myspace.com/feedbackproductions
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search