The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
creating kicks and snares
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

creating kicks and snares

hey whats up GearSlutz, can anyone help me on creating my own instruments, it will be greatly appreciated, Im tired of using other peoples drums, even though i am a layer fanatic, i still feel that even though i combine different kicks they're still not mine, so can u guys give me some advice, Thanx Gear Slutz
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

yep. if you've got a mic and a way to record, try hitting a wet piece of cardboard with anything for a snare sound, to mix it up , put some tin foil over that and use some drum brushes. others options are coke cans, pill bottles, and whatever. for bass drums, try micing a foot stomping on multiple objects, or even use your mouth. even with little production skills you can get these ideas working for you. and then they will be YOUR sounds! creativity is so overlooked. good luck !
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear
I made a nice kick drum by hitting an empty cardboard acosutic guitar case with an open hand and then EQing it. It can be done..like Steeleyfan said, just get creative.
Old 27th August 2007

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search