The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IS THERE ANY NEWS ON ACID PRO 7.0? DAW Software
Old 22nd March 2008
Here for the gear

Acid Pro is awesome. Sonic Foundry pioneered in the auto syncing of loops and beatmapping features. Apple only copied them with their apple loops utility thing.. which is a second piece of software you need to apple'ize your audio before they can be synced, stretched etc.

Buddy above could probably get schooled with Sony's American Idol version.
Old 24th March 2008
Here for the gear

ACID changed music production

Quote:
Originally Posted by modistylee View Post
Dude Acid Pro is not 60 bucks at best buy, Sony actually makes several versions of the product and the one I think you are refering to is Acid Music.
And I didn't know that audio sequencers have "converters" ??Are you maybe refering to the mix engine algorithm?..

I'll give you a break since you from Kansas City, and you might not have access to current information.

Sony DAW Software | Sweetwater.com

Acid Pro 6 isn't as expensive as many sequencers, but who wants to pay more for their sequencer? And yes Acid supports 24bit/192k and 5.1 surround.

I eventually gave it up for Logic when I moved to my Intel Mac, but its a much more powerful tool than people give it credit. I've noticed a tiny difference in audio quality since I made the switch but its pretty negligable. Your A/D D/A makes a much bigger difference. However I haven't been able to use any of the new sequencers featuring 64 bit mixing engines, so maybe that will change my tune.
ACID is still the best program if you use ANY loops in your production. It blows Soundtrack Pro out of the water...I use Logic exclusively now, but I made some incredibly slick music with ACID...just make your own loops and use them in ACID if you still use PC. ACID changed music production in a software environment. It's not crap, it just needs a huge makeover to be competitive with SONAR. Before I started recording my own music I made some tracks that we're indistinguishable from live music, you just have to be creative...and have good loop libraries...
Old 26th March 2008
Gear Addict

yeah I think Acid is cool, I use it for matching it up instrumentals to acapellas.

However, I seem to have some issues loading VST instruments in it, not sure why that is...other than that, thumbsup
Old 28th March 2008
Lives for gear

Did sonar ever get auto input quantize? Last time I demo'd it they didn't have it.
Old 9th October 2008
Here for the gear

ACID 6 does live MIDI Input Quantize.

You set it up from the Input Menu on the track.

-pch
Old 13th October 2008
Gear Addict

Ive made some really dope beats on Acid... I use it strictly for drum arrangement, dump into protools, compress and eq to taste...

Dont knock acid, if you got a hot drum libary, acid could be a hella weapon.... but I suggest not to mix in acid...

MySpace.com - Espee Producer/DJ/Engineer - Northern VA - Hip Hop / Pop / Reggae - www.myspace.com/kemikalproductions
espee

^ all drums created in Acid... and I mean ALL OF EM!
Old 14th October 2008
Lives for gear
Finally announced and coming soon!!!!!!

Sony Creative Software - ACID Pro 7 - Introduction
Old 14th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolout View Post
Finally announced and coming soon!!!!!!

Sony Creative Software - ACID Pro 7 - Introduction
Holy **** balls!
I cannot wait!!!
Old 16th December 2008
Gear Nut

since its out what are your opinions of the new features
Old 16th December 2008
Lives for gear

I don't know about the new fonctionnality (I have all I need in 6.0), but about its stability : I opened succesfully one of my biggest project ever with 7.0

- 4 x Kontakt 2.0 instances each loaded with 3 to 4 instruments
- 2 x Kontakt 3.0 instances each loaded with about 5 instruments
- 5 x EWQL Symphonic Orchestra XP Pro Platinum instances loaded with 5 to 6 instruments each
- 1 x Spectrasonics Trilogy bass module
- 1 x Tone2 FireBird
- 24 x Waves REQ 4 EQ (Dx)
- 7 x Waves Parametric EQ (Dx)
- 5 x TimeWorks 4080L Reverb (Dx)
- 1 x Stillwell Audio Verbiage Reverb (VST)
- 3 x UAD Plate 140 Reverb (VST)
- 5 x iZotope Ozone instances (VST)
- 1 x SIR Impulse Response Processor
- a couple of URS plugins

A total of 98 tracks (midi and audio). About 6 Bus. No loops (did I have to mention it ?). All playing LIVE (no render).

Specs : XP SP2 / QuadCore / 4Gb / M-Audio ProjectMix (512 Samples). All you need is a (very good) airflow in your computer case (5x Nexus 120mm fans, love'em).

The 7.0a update is very stable aswell. But I'd wait for AP7.0b / AP7.0c before updating completely (and ditching definitely AP6).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search