The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vocalign in Pro Tools 7+ Pitch & Harmony Plugins
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Vocalign in Pro Tools 7+

Had anybody managed to get Vocalign working in PT7 on Win XP? I have Vocalign 2.8 and it doesnt seem to want to work at all, in fact it crashes PT everytime I select it in the AudioSuite.
Old 23rd August 2007
Here for the gear

Hi Rukas

Didn't know you posted here too. What was that you said the other day about people posting on other boards??
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Anyone? I see a lot of people on here talking about vocalign, so who has it working in Pro tols 7+?

I want to know if its just me it won't work for, or if I need different versions.

Anyone?
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

My experience is exactly the same as yours. It crashes protools 7 whenever I select it as an audiosuite plugin, but I'm using Mac OSX.
Old 24th August 2007

No problems on 10.4.9, intel mac and PT 7.3.1. cs4
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolskid View Post
No problems on 10.4.9, intel mac and PT 7.3.1. cs4

Same here except I'm on cs3.

Hope you get yours working!

Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

What version of Vocalign do you have working? I only have 2.8. Anyone got 2.8 working on PT7+?
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

If i'm not mistake you need version 2.9 or higher in order for it to work on PT 7 or above
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I suppose it is against the rules here to get a link to 2.9? I can't seem to upgrade my 2.8 which is what's gotten me here :(
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Anyone? This is becoming really urgent . . . Need it for one particular project / artist.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukas View Post
I suppose it is against the rules here to get a link to 2.9? I can't seem to upgrade my 2.8 which is what's gotten me here :(
Cant you just download the updater from their site?
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict

Mine works.. PT 7.0
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict

SynchroArts Upgrades

Just select the version you have and download the appropriate update. Updates are free for authorized users.

VocALign Project 2.9.3 runs fine here: PT 7.1.1 on OS X.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

It's just your computer telling you to be a better vocal coach/producer, or to get a new singer.

Ditto for autotune.
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbon View Post
It's just your computer telling you to be a better vocal coach/producer, or to get a new singer.

Ditto for autotune.
Well geez aren't you cool.

For your information I am trying to line up three kids voices for a project a client is doing. And yes I may even autotune them. You tell three 4 year olds that they're out of sync with one another, genius.

Anyway I can't remember asking your opinion on the plug in.

Thanks for the update link guys I will try it when I get back.
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Ok guys update worked but now I need to reauthorize and finding the authorization key is going to be a battle in itself lol.

Thanks for all the help though.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbon View Post

Ditto for autotune.
I can see where you are going with that comment, but at the same time its not needed.
Many pros use stuff like VocAlign and Autotune even with singers who are pretty much on.
Unfortunately, pretty much on doesnt cut it for everyone, and some ppl look for perfection, and try to achieve that using one of those plugins.

....And to ditch helping a singer record just because they need a lil work is just a punk of a move in itself.... If the producer or engineer in question was such a great vocal coach, they would enjoy the challenge and not whimp out on trying to take an average singer and teach them how to be great..... Dont expect to score any karma points with that isht kinda behaviour, if that is your personal type of outlook on the situation....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search