The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best affordable Condenser for Higher Pitched voices? Condenser Microphones
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Head

Best affordable Condenser for Higher Pitched voices?

My voice isn't deep..but it's a bit higher pitched. What's a good mic that picks up higher pitched voices? Right now I have an AT3035. You can check my tracks out to help me decide.. SoundClick artist: MiKe 0 - Band page with free MP3 music downloads on SoundClick. Thanks yall!
Old 23rd August 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike 0 View Post
My voice isn't deep..but it's a bit higher pitched. What's a good mic that picks up higher pitched voices? Right now I have an AT3035. You can check my tracks out to help me decide.. SoundClick artist: MiKe 0 - Band page with free MP3 music downloads on SoundClick. Thanks yall!
Affordable is a broad term... What's affordable to you?
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike 0 View Post
Any mic can pick up higher pitched voices.....
But I think I get what you are trying to explain....

Get something higher up in the AT line of mics, like a AT4050, or an AT4060. The AT's are pretty much neutral sounding, and if I'm understanding you right, when you say high pitched, you are refering to your voice having a lot of treble and presence.

Using a mic that has a more brighter sonic character might cause your recording to be overly silibant.

But like Tony said, provide everyone with a price range if you want to avoid receiving suggestions that might be out of the range of what you can actually buy.
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Head

Good point. LOL. Was kinda tired when I posted this. My range can be anywhere from 300-500.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

AT4040.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

your looking at this all wrong, look at a mic that will make your voice even out. look for a octavia 310, it's good for people with nasally voices.
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Head

I cant find the octavia 310 anywhere.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search