The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mike E. Clark - opinions, icp's older engineer/produer. Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Mike E. Clark - opinions, icp's older engineer/produer.

Not debating the group here, hate or love them but they have really nice sounding vocals on some of their more widely known LP's. I think he is a very underrated producer/engineer. Anyone worked with him or know much about his work, techniques etc.

Regards.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

to check it out i'd have to get their music and listen to it.
i'd rather not.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down View Post
to check it out i'd have to get their music and listen to it.
i'd rather not.
damn right.

I seem to be using this smiley a lot so far today...
Tony I'm coming to take your spot homie...lol jks
Old 20th August 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Tony I'm coming to take your spot homie...
But, I've got the good smilies.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by masta1 View Post
Not debating the group here, hate or love them but they have really nice sounding vocals on some of their more widely known LP's. I think he is a very underrated producer/engineer. Anyone worked with him or know much about his work, techniques etc.

Regards.
I love his work on the Amazing Jeckyl Bros. You should check out his new group with Prozak, of the old rap group Bedlam, called Project: Deadman. They are now on Strange Music, Tech N9ne's label.
Old 21st August 2007
Dor
Lives for gear

Never heard any ICP cuts.

Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac

His work on PDM is amazing.

ICP actually have some of the most original material i have ever heard - i reccomend checking out the album - "the riddle box" and songs off "the great milenko" such as: under the moon, how many times - many great songs, really clean easy to hear vocals and really brings out the feel of a carnival a lot.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Coincidence?

I just revisited Milkeno and Jeckel Bros today.

Mike E. Clark is a great songwriter. Even Slash lent his guitar to one of their tracks.

Absolutely original, and I give him ultimate props for that.

It's funny to me how their music is dark & disturbing, and their lyrics are about killing people, getting laid, etc, and they had this big "carnival" prophecy thing that each one of their albums was leading up to, one giant saga, or whatever. their fans were rabid about it, totally insane about the "carnival" that was gonna ride upon the earth and take out all the trash. So they finally released their last album of the saga and held a press conference type of gathering without performing and talked for hours and revealed the carnival: God.

Tee-hee.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search