The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I have a lot of questions about my gear Pitch & Harmony Plugins
Old 19th August 2007
Here for the gear

I have a lot of questions about my gear

whatsup everybody, this is my first post although i have been to the website many times...i recently started up my own recording and production studio...spent a lot of money..and cant get "ish" to work....i'm about to give up.

but my main prob is midi....i have a roland fantom x-a, a korg triton rack, and a 003. can somone PLEASE help me out on getting it to work.

the proper anaolg connections....audio midi setup....keyboard setup, and pro tools set-up...im rackin my brain trying to figure it out but just cant get it,,,tahnks!
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInnerCircle4 View Post
whatsup everybody, this is my first post although i have been to the website many times...i recently started up my own recording and production studio...spent a lot of money..and cant get "ish" to work....i'm about to give up.

but my main prob is midi....i have a roland fantom x-a, a korg triton rack, and a 003. can somone PLEASE help me out on getting it to work.

the proper anaolg connections....audio midi setup....keyboard setup, and pro tools set-up...im rackin my brain trying to figure it out but just cant get it,,,tahnks!

Tweak's Guide to the Home and Project Studio GO THERE
Old 19th August 2007
Here for the gear

cue system

i have a CME Audio Matrix system so i can use the talkback mic...can ya explain how to connect it up to the 003? thx
Old 20th August 2007
just run the main outs into the inputs of the talkback box...your artist listens to the output of the box, and you talk to him on headphones.

If you want to set him up his own mix (probably overkill just for vocals) then hook it up to output 3 and 4, and set pre-fade sends in PT to this output.

Hope that helps...
Old 20th August 2007
Here for the gear

Rap Vocals

how do u record and mix yur rap vocals....how many stacks...overdubs, panning, etc.
Old 20th August 2007
I think there's already a thread on this...do a search....
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

I'm gonna chime in hear before you get flamed big time or this thread is locked.

Try a Search first. Save the drama.
Old 20th August 2007
in a nutshell...

Midi Out from your master keyboard to the midi IN of the 003.
Midi Outs from the 003 to each keyboard.
Audio outputs of each keyboard to inputs on the 003.

To use with PT - setup an aux track for each instrument, plus a midi track (or you could use an instrument track..but one thing at a time).

set the input of the aux track to the inputs to which your keyboard is connected.

Set the midi track input to All and the output to the midi output the keyboard is connected to, and put the midi track into record.

That should work....if not, you need to do a bit of reading of help files etc!
Old 20th August 2007
Here for the gear

cool...should i use a instrument cable or speaker cable?
Old 20th August 2007
Here for the gear

pro tools help

how do u set up seperate audio drives for a MAC? also, how do u authorize Vocalign Project for pro tools? cant seem to figure it out...thsnks a lot
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Maniac

u r starting at square 1. try digi forum (below) or read the manual. try music & computers forum here

DUC: Viewing list of forums
Old 20th August 2007

Stop starting a new thread for every question you have about your gear....

Also, try the SEARCH function, as everything has already been covered.

Threads merged....
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Stop starting a new thread for every question you have about your gear....

Also, try the SEARCH function, as everything has already been covered.

Threads merged....
Nice work Tony. At least he might get some better feedback now you've merged all his threads into one

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search