The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic pro users..Need urgent help with bounce
Old 16th August 2007
Here for the gear

Logic pro users..Need urgent help with bounce

All,

I am running into a real odd issue with bouncing audio files out of logic..My issue is that bounce file has lower volume and even if I bring it back in session and compare it with original file, there is a huge difference between the wave form..

For example, I imported a mastered track into logic session to do some editing for radio edit, when I bounced the final edit , it turned out it was bit lower in volume, then i import the bounced track back into session and compared the waveform realizing that bounced waveform is much smaller..This is the case with all my audio files..I would do a session in protools and import it to logic and when I go back to PT, wave forms are much smaller....

I have nothing on the master bus, master fader is set to 0 and I am bouncing everything realtime with 24 bit options...

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am really bummed with this..and beginning to realize of a huge problem with all my sessions..
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

just to be clear...

its also lowered in volume/amplitud, right? not only the visual waveform?

did u check using the multimeter in logic?
Old 16th August 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
just to be clear...

its also lowered in volume/amplitud, right? not only the visual waveform?

did u check using the multimeter in logic?
Yes, its also lower in volume.. I will check the multimeter to re -confirm. Apparently, I did the same experiment on my buddy's logic setup and he didn't have this issue at all. We used the same audio file for import and export.
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Head

Make sure you have the pan law settings at 0db instead of -3db. Sometimes it defaults to that and any stereo track will get knocked -3db... it's in Song Settings->Audio...
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Make sure you have the pan law settings at 0db instead of -3db. Sometimes it defaults to that and any stereo track will get knocked -3db... it's in Song Settings->Audio...
hey! I thaught I was the only hisboyLroy.......

so this is what its like.....................................................when doves cry
Old 20th August 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
That was it!..

Thanks man..really appreciate the assist, I would've never figured this out..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search